freedman

I spent over 3 years looking for my ideal spec R but eventually realised it doesn't exist so instead bought a high spec 981S.  I now realise I had my priorities all wrong for a purely fun car.   I should have focused on the basic essentials - manual, buckets, Spyder wheels and a/c. 

A year into my 981 ownership and I still haven't bonded with it.  I maybe would apreciate it more if it were manual but I just don't feel the same about it as I did for my old 987 Gen 1 S.

So after a year away ftom the classifieds, I am once again on the lookout for an R but with different prorities this time.  

Edited by Woodhouse
Typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Freedman!

That colour is absolutely gorgeous, with the black wheels too, what a great combo. Nice find.

What do you think to PDK? I’ve never had a go with it. My 987 is manual. I think I enjoy making a pigs ear of heel and toe too much to not have a manual. I’m pretty rubbish at it but keeps me entertained :D  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:00, Buggyjam said:

Hi Freedman!

That colour is absolutely gorgeous, with the black wheels too, what a great combo. Nice find.

What do you think to PDK? I’ve never had a go with it. My 987 is manual. I think I enjoy making a pigs ear of heel and toe too much to not have a manual. I’m pretty rubbish at it but keeps me entertained :D  

Thank you, I'm Loving it so far

I've come from 10 years in a Manual 964 C4, so this is a whole new world! However I had an M3 with SMG a while back and have driven a  mates PDK R on the road and at Spa, so knew more or less what to expect

In usual road driving just leave it in auto, with sport off, (but sports exhaust on :)) makes for a comfortable and smooth drive

Switch to Sport when appropriate and the cars transforms intro something else entirely. Sport + is best left for track use, its too savage for normal road use IMO

Car is immensely capable and civilised at the same time

Glad to hear you are enjoying the CR. It is certainly a different experience from the 964  - much more modern and more ‘instant’ in everything it does. The thing that blows my mind about the CR is that you can pop to the shops in it one day and do a track day the next and you don’t feel compromised doing either. 

Having had AC issues on mine I bit the bullet during servicing o et the condensers changed - expensive!!! Now got Zunnsport grills fitted which look fine and should prevent rot and stones leading to further AC issues any time soon. If you do book a track day, please drop me a line - it’d be good to meet up again.

Cheers Mick

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:53, Masher said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying the CR. It is certainly a different experience from the 964  - much more modern and more ‘instant’ in everything it does. The thing that blows my mind about the CR is that you can pop to the shops in it one day and do a track day the next and you don’t feel compromised doing either. 

Having had AC issues on mine I bit the bullet during servicing o et the condensers changed - expensive!!! Now got Zunnsport grills fitted which look fine and should prevent rot and stones leading to further AC issues any time soon. If you do book a track day, please drop me a line - it’d be good to meet up again.

Cheers Mick

Mick,

Of course will let you know when I book something

Gary