New flat 6 model cayman (possibly?)

Heard about this at Anglesey track day yesterday, and found this link:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.automobilemag.com/news/porsche-718-cayman-boxster-flat-six-cylinder-engine-gts/amp/

seems like ‘old’ news, but not heard it previously. Anyone on here aware?

If its true / accurate then perhaps Porsche have considered the flat-4 turbos not to have been a commercial success? 🤔

Edited by Windymiller

heard the same from some guys at work, they follow the motoring press more than I do. I did read that the new GT4 will retain a F6 4 litre and a lot of them are pre-sold so maybe the BD guys at Porsche have been keeping notes.

Its going to be a 6 cylinder model based on the standard 718 platform, so nice, but not special enough IMO

718 GT4 will use  the GT chassis, not 100% on the engine yet but looks like it will be available with PDK unlike the current GT4

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Nurburgring last week and the two GT4 mules were both using turbo'd engines.

I also went to the Porsche Factory and saw a facelift 718 Boxster (US Market) coming off the production line. It had twin exhausts similar to a BMW 335i distance apart on a full width black plastic bumper. Was interesting to see.