Porsche 718 Boxster S Exhaust Video

Uncle Dave

I dont get this need to over run and back fire at any speed in every gear. Its too synthetic. And Porsche are not the only ones to be doing this right now. A friend bought a new jag that was doing this at 20mph!!! Both of my current toys pop and bang but only when I get them hot enough to need to pop and bang. I get tired of the need to do it all the time!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

I dont get this need to over run and back fire at any speed in every gear. Its too synthetic. And Porsche are not the only ones to be doing this right now. A friend bought a new jag that was doing this at 20mph!!! Both of my current toys pop and bang but only when I get them hot enough to need to pop and bang. I get tired of the need to do it all the time!!

Totally agree, way too synthesized, the 981 GTS does the same thing.  

The 718 sounds gash, this movie seals that deal for me. 

I think the real issue with the new 718 engine, as with the current 981 S to some extent, is that it may have too much power lower down, even in the new base version. 

My greatest driving delight is to hear the high rev screaming of the flat six in the upper rev range. Literally hair raising!

I see, at last, there is a all singing, all dancing steering wheel. Paddles, MF, and heated as standard (may not be on the Cayman 718?) and only £315...