I entered a Javelin sprint series event at the weekend - Seriously good fun!

Dougle_turbo

Nice video buddy - and great progression with your lap times there. Well done indeed. You and machine look very capable ! Is the car an ongoing evolution / got much planned - or is this as much about ‘improving’ you / enjoying ‘as is’ as much as anything ?

***Ive not long sold an extremely well sorted (for the road): Clio RS200. I of course knew they were good - but never being a track / sprint man etc - didn’t quite realise they could hold their heads up in this sort of company.....

Keep the vids coming 👍

Cracking lap 6 on those last few corners, really managed to keep your speed up! Bloody tight around there wasn't it!

Love an RS Clio too, had a 172 Cup a good while back.

17 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Nice video buddy - and great progression with your lap times there. Well done indeed. You and machine look very capable ! Is the car an ongoing evolution / got much planned - or is this as much about ‘improving’ you / enjoying ‘as is’ as much as anything ?

***Ive not long sold an extremely well sorted (for the road): Clio RS200. I of course knew they were good - but never being a track / sprint man etc - didn’t quite realise they could hold their heads up in this sort of company.....

Keep the vids coming 👍

Thanks, the car is in a permanent state of flux really. I like to tweek here and there, then get some miles under the belt then test and adjust.

Ive just put some rose jointed adjustable arms on the front, along with adjustable rose jointed castor arms. The car feels amazing, the front end is so much sharper with the extra grip (- 2.6 camber) and lack of rubber bushes. I've also been really surprised at how little it's effected the ride quality. It actually feels way better ot A/B road speeds, although harsher in town over crappy tarmac. I need to decide if I want to fit the same to the rear of the car (the arms are in the garage waiting). That's a decision I won't make until after the NC500 in the first week of September and Spa in October. 

After that the things on the list are a Wavetrac LSD, lowering springs, uprated ARBs and perhaps a DSC PASM controller. That said I may just spend the money on track tuition next year instead, as I'm sure that will improve my times no end. 

I had a 2 Clio 172 track cars last year (unfortunately I rolled one at Brands Hatch). They are very capable, but with out either throttle bodies or turbos and proper race suspension they are around 4 secs a lap slower than the Croc at Brands Hatch (60 sec lap in the Clio). The guy I mention in the video (Ilya) has a seriously impressive turbocharged Clio that is a monster. We trade laps times at every track we go to. 

17 hours ago, Spykee said:

Cracking lap 6 on those last few corners, really managed to keep your speed up! Bloody tight around there wasn't it!

Love an RS Clio too, had a 172 Cup a good while back.

Very tight! Especially after the first corner.

I didn't find out until after the event that the white plastic things were full of water. 💩

This is another video a friend of mine has put together about my car. He and I are just starting to build our channels, so style etc is work in progress.

His channel is well worth subscribing to, especially if you like a lot of custom engineering stuff. He built his Clio from a shell himself, including all the fabrication.