'Other' hobbies.........

sevenfourate

So most of us have a Cayman in common. Many i'm guessing as at least 2nd cars - and 'toys' as such (?)

So what else do you all do / collect / enjoy in your spare time ?

***This was really popular on another forum i used a few years ago - and the diversity of peoples hobbies and the pictures shown from that were fascinating !

My life is pretty car packed owning a detailing shop and having a few toys. I also do a bit of racing. 

Away from cars I love gaming and am doing my PPL.  First time I flew a plane that was me hooked

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 22:12, PMGPete said:

My life is pretty car packed owning a detailing shop and having a few toys. I also do a bit of racing. 

Away from cars I love gaming and am doing my PPL.  First time I flew a plane that was me hooked

Some cool stuff there !

What do you race ?

And we need some plane pics. Big boys hobbying on another level as far as i'm concerned 🙂

I wish had time for hobbies.... ☹️

But when I’m not working, can steal time away from the family, and am not using that to be in my Cayman 😉 - I like to hike and ‘scramble’, primarily in hills of Snowdonia, and I enjoy indoor climbing and bouldering with my eldest daughter 🧗‍♂️🧗‍♀️

Now has wistful memories of even longer ago times of hanging from a crack on a sun soaked Italian rock face in the Aosta valley, crampon and ice axing up Gran Paradiso and Mt Breithorn, or shimmying up a chimney on a via ferata in the Italian Dolomites, and hut-to-hutting through snow along an Austrian Alpine range - oh how life before kids was simpler, and seemed to have an abundance of time and cash..... 🤔

😂😂😂

• Like 1

So one of my hobbies is collecting Vintage golf balls from the Ping Golf Company in Arizona with my Father. We've done so together for many-many years.

Two sets of eyes and ears, two sets of contacts etc has given us the opportunity to build what is probably about the 2nd most diverse collection in the World. We have just over 500 uniquely different balls on display; and these balls were produced from 1976 until 1997.

Some of the rare ones have turned out to great investments. As well as the thrill of the chase finding them and getting them over to us in the UK; and of course sharing time with my Father doing something we have both enjoyed. So:

TRUE BI-COLOURS: (Colour with a colour):

digEDZc.jpg

BI-COLOURS: (Colour with White):

iFexfRY.jpg

Metallics (Colours with Gold,Silver or Black):

Yvo9GwA.jpg

SOLIDS (Solid Coloured variants):

1dN8Ebz.jpg

VINTAGE (Some old early examples, Prototypes etc):

Ijhra7f.jpg

HAND PAINTED PROTOTYPES (How the whole coloured golf ball scene came around after its Founding Father had an idea after seeing a rainbow and running to the Auto Store for some paint):

fd4mMsB.jpg

LOGO's (95% are solely Golf, Arizona or Ping related):

2yPlLsR.jpg

General Shot:

e9SNbGA.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty unique, never came across those before.

Myself I'm a pretty big movie buff. Got a decent sized collection. Went through a phase of picking up limited edition releases but sold those on now to get some more shelf space. Helps me get my mind off the real world for a few hours when I can.

Follow a few sports here and there, footie, f1, snooker & boxing the main ones.

For leisure and self improvement I've recently got back into the gym focusing on strength training. But I've dabbled in bouldering recently too for something different. 

When the weather gets better in the UK I do like taking the Cayman out on road trips and practising some photography in new locations. 

Edited by Leo31291