987 Gen 2 Sports Chrono retrofit possible?

For the eagle eyed some will know I don’t have my Cayman yet and I’m still seeking the right one.

It will be pdk equipped and “some” have suggested that Sports Chrono is “essential” with pdk.  Some of the great contributors on here have already (in another post) advised that the same driving effect can be achieved with a sprint booster.

So my question is, what is the cost to have sport Chrono retrofitted by opc (assuming it can be done and not worried about the stopwatch) and has anyone actually had it done? I know the comparable costs of sprint booster and have had opinions on the comparable driving benefits so this really is about any experience of opc retrofit and the cost of originality.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, TritonII said:

For the eagle eyed some will know I don’t have my Cayman yet and I’m still seeking the right one.

It will be pdk equipped and “some” have suggested that Sports Chrono is “essential” with pdk.  Some of the great contributors on here have already (in another post) advised that the same driving effect can be achieved with a sprint booster.

So my question is, what is the cost to have sport Chrono retrofitted by opc (assuming it can be done and not worried about the stopwatch) and has anyone actually had it done? I know the comparable costs of sprint booster and have had opinions on the comparable driving benefits so this really is about any experience of opc retrofit and the cost of originality.

Thanks 

I saw someone else discussing the very same thing; and a figure of $1000 - $1200 mentioned on an American forum last night funnily enough. Not sure if that was recent - or is indeed relevant though ! Surely a bit of Googling - or indeed a phone call to your local OPC will provide answers ?

***Might need to find a car for sale on ebay / Autotrader of similar spec / age etc to procure the registration number to give to said dealer 👍

Edited by sevenfourate

Thanks @sevenfourate googling is indeed underway. Didn’t think opc would be open at the moment to ask and always good to seek opinions from forum members who may have first hand experience.

l’ll update this post if I find anything of interest.

52 minutes ago, TritonII said:

Thanks @sevenfourate googling is indeed underway. Didn’t think opc would be open at the moment to ask and always good to seek opinions from forum members who may have first hand experience.

l’ll update this post if I find anything of interest.

I thought some were open (?) Although i did read that parts cannot be shipped here from Germany; and hence even ordered as such right now. Huge downer that if you have a major problem because of the failure of a minor part.........

From memory is around £750-£700 for the button and software. You don't get the clock on the dash. I thought I had an email confirming the cost but I can't find it.

I do Have this from OPC Reading - might be useful for some stuff.

My understanding is that all OPC are closed at the moment. But that might have changed this week.

LX61YPJ.pdf

Wow, thanks @Dougle_turbo and that was 10 years ago.  Think that probably rules the option out as clearly any retrofit is very costly.  Might be better to try and ensure any  car I short list already has it fitted or opt for sprint booster.

The hunt continues.......... 😀