Single Alarm "Beep" when locking.....

I quote from Revolution Porsche web-page:  "A short single beep from the alarm horn will draw your attention to the fact that the following components may not be completely closed when you try to lock the vehicle:

Passenger’s door

Luggage compartment lid [This between seats in centre console ??]

Engine compartment lid

Rear lid

Storage tray [Do we even have this on a 987 ??]

Glove compartment

Fuel flap."

If all of these are firmly shut - i presume i have a micro-switch thats failed ?

Will prob be the glovebox... Occasionally if I put extra stuff in there it appears like it's shut ok but on locking I get the beep... Move stuff around then no beep lol 😉

• 8 months later...

hi, im new to the forum but iv got both a 981 boxster and replacing that a cayman gts both same year, the cayman makes the chirp noise when locking iv closed all doors, boot, trunk, glovebox and centre console armrest bit, still chirps when the boxster won't,also flashing the led light on the door panel. indicating alarm/central locking malfunction,  iv disconnected boot and trunk electrical connections it still chirps so I bought a code reader I car soft v2 and its quite good can get in all the modules for doors and boots, service lights, and loads more, it came up rear lid actuator so iv ordered one with Porsche, £95inc vat and easy to fit, I swapped the alarm with the boxster and still the same as iv seen a big thread on one of the forums but was not the case for me, il report back but thought id add my input in case anyone has similar issues, the I carsoft was £150 and covers alot-well worth the money, im in the motor trade myself so was a must for me. typical though order the part and the alarms not gone off but I did erase the fault code-time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

dealer diagnosed mine as new rear window required, coming up with a fault rear window breakage sensor, being done next week new rear screen-hopefully this is the end to my alarm issues 

just posting for any future cases that may help others 

cheers.