Brembo Discs & Pads - Pad Sensors

Hello all,

I have some new Brembo discs and pads that I want fitting. It looks like the pads have a space for a pad wear wear sensor, my question is if you can use any pad sensor i.e. OEM or if it needs to specifically a Brembo sensor?

Thanks

Any wear sensor would be fine. 

Or just do what I did and leave them off 😁

IMO the wear sensors are ridiculously flimsy and a poor design. 

Checking the pads for wear visually takes about 1secound looking through the wheels 👍

• Like 1

Many thanks for the response. I haven't used wear sensor since I had the car, but when I will be working away again (eventually) my wife wants them on again.

Only £9 each or so, so worth fitting imo.

Maybe not for you, but maybe for a next owner who knows nothing about cars and would not check their brakes, so the sensor would alert them that they are driving a sports car with defective brakes.

Edited by GlosRich

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scottland said:

May as well jump in on this instead of a new thread. Are there any error codes etc if you leave the sensors off?

No error code at all. you simply cut the wires short, solder them together and then plug it in.

IMO these things are ridiculous, very flimsy and a s**t design if you ask me.

For example Honda's way was to rivet a steel strip onto the pads, when the pads are worn the strip touches the disc and give an audible warning, much simpler/better..

You can refit the old sensors if they have not been triggered, obviously they will need to be the same fitment for whatever pads you are fitting thought ie open wire loop pin type or embedded in a connector pad type

I actually ended up ordering DS2500 pads, and I think they don't fit with wear sensors so didn't order any. If I can refit my old ones I will do, but no biggie I'm not too bothered about losing the sensors.