Aslan's 2.9 Cayman

aslan

Yes easy to clean, although so we're the 19s I had.  They do take a bit of getting used to looks wise but I am warming to them.  Long drive to the PH Sunday service at the weekend reconfirmed that the ride is so much better, and I don't feel like I am missing out on the twisties either, steering feels better and enjoying the car more than I did.

Now I've decided to keep them I've had some PS2s fitted to the rear and initial impressions seem good.  Costco charged £128 each fitted.  Porsche Guildford wanted £220 each....

Any idea what a set of 19 inch carrera classic wheels are worth? Excellent condition with almost new continental N rated tyres.

For your old wheels/tyres I'd say anything from £600 - £1000 depending on luck and if someone out there currently wants them?

Should you hold on to them for a while longer, just to make sure you prefer the 17" wheels? 

Thanks, having paid £400 for the 17s with worn rear tyres I'd hope they are worth more than £600, but like you say depends on having right buyer at the time.  Maybe I should just keep in case I decide to track it in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of updates, starting with a recent PH Sunday Service.  Some very nice cars there and managed to get a couple of pics of mine taken by a pro.

ph7.jpg

ph6.jpg

ph1.jpg

ph4.jpg

ph3.jpg

ph5.jpg

ph2.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aslan said:

Couple of updates, starting with a recent PH Sunday Service.  Some very nice cars there and managed to get a couple of pics of mine taken by a pro.

ph7.jpg

ph6.jpg

ph1.jpg

ph4.jpg

ph3.jpg

ph5.jpg

ph2.jpg

Where was this? 

• Founder
On 16 March 2016 at 21:52, aslan said:

Then I took a day trip to Belgium to visit Carnewal :) 

tunnel.jpg

Still early days but initial impression is very positive, not very noticable when cruising or low revs, but certainly a bit more noise on start up and when you go through the revs!

Shame you couldn't drive the tunnel on the way back eh? ;) 

Mine took a good couple of hundred miles i'd say before it stopped improving, sounds great now and like you say at a cruise it's no more noise than the standard exhaust.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 21:04, Beanoir said:

Shame you couldn't drive the tunnel on the way back eh? ;) 

Mine took a good couple of hundred miles i'd say before it stopped improving, sounds great now and like you say at a cruise it's no more noise than the standard exhaust.  

Haha yes, not found a tunnel yet but it does sound good, a nice raspy Porsche sound without any drone, every Cayman owner should have one!

• 3 months later...

5th photo - that's some speed camera!

I did the Amalfi coast in 2014, on a public bus, and vowed then never to drive it myself. Also never to drive in Rome. Every car there has scrapes on all four corners.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJMC said:

5th photo - that's some speed camera!

I did the Amalfi coast in 2014, on a public bus, and vowed then never to drive it myself. Also never to drive in Rome. Every car there has scrapes on all four corners.

Haha it does look a bit like one, that was a art structure on the Timmlejoch pass.

I actually enjoyed riding on the bus there after driving, they are the king of the road and everyone else just moves for them.

1 hour ago, MarkGTS said:

Some great photos there, shame you're having to sell :( 

Yes it is, especially after really bonding with it on the trip. However I need to free up some funds and at least I had the opportunity to really enjoy and drive it properly.  Hopefully it won't be too difficult to stell and then in a few years I can look at getting a gen 2 S or R, even a 981 S/GTS.  

A GTS might be a bargain in a few years, mines already lost quite a bit - wish I'd bought an R if I'm honest, especially as they seem to be going the other way! :4fvgdaq_th: