What's it worth

Hope everyone is doing alright. Long time no see. I'm about to sadly move my car on but have no idea what to value it at. It's not perfect, as a daily driver got one or two love taps and stone chips. Front splitter/bumper has a crack at the front and rear bumper some paint removal and a dent, not noticeable when walking past the car, only visible on closer inspection. Wheels need some tlc and a refurbishment and the passenger seat recline button has snapped off (but still functions if you dig your nail onto the switch). Serviced last year. Take 1 or 2 £k's off from the current market ? When checking the cars MOT history it will show a fail from last year, I've tried rectifying this with DVSA but they state I need evidence +/- 1 day from the failed MOT with proof of mileage, so short of getting in a time machine I can't get that fixed. Probably gonna lose me a few interested buyers with that. Been a great car over the years!

thumbnail_20200831_173213.jpg.3a7ee20695012dcc3e3960f9cc399bec.jpg

thumbnail_20200831_172951.jpg.dfc34435efd5d029dde4d93d0936efec.jpg

thumbnail_20200831_173033.jpg.6221a415b1740c9ef4b051cf9d201aa2.jpg

thumbnail_20200831_172809.jpg.cd0229ec68f578508313d138ccef030d.jpg

thumbnail_20200831_172907.jpg.f8a79be20ba62ecc504ed5fb652e6369.jpg

Edited by Leo31291

4 hours ago, Julian987 said:

any interior pics available to gauge the spec from?

sorry Julian forgot to add. Manual 6 speed. PASM. Leather sports seats. Bi-Xenon headlights. Bose speakers. Rear park assist.  Aftermarket Pioneer headunit. Service history with receipts at Indys and OPC. 

Edited by Leo31291

Service history or full service history (every stamp at the correct time and mileage intervals as stated in the manual)? Sorry to be anal but it makes a big difference and savvy buyers will know to look.

Could you touch in some of the larger chips (carefully)? You can buy sign writing tools that make stone chips very easy to rectify. Likewise perhaps you could fix the seat switch?

Anything you can do to present the car in the best light will obviously help with the price.

GLWTS

So its a Cayman S Gen 2 with 62k miles on 2010.

I'd say a private sale with the damage £19995.

If you fixed that damage you might get another £1500.

Thanks Glos and Lenny. I have pretty shoddy workmanship so the ''faults'' with the car will have to be done by someone else. Will be going up on autotrader soon in its current state but not to say I won't be able to get some things sorted if there isn't a quick sale. I know how picky some people can get, rightly so, with these cars even if it drives perfectly.

Edited by Leo31291

TBH if you had that car detailed and the detailer touched the chips in, stick the seat adjuster back on with glue, and that will make a huge difference to the first impressions.

I just got some epoxy glue, will try and get that switch fixed. Its the white plastic bit at the top of the assembly which snapped. Did a google search and its happened to a few others but no fix other than buying the whole part again which is like £400!

Anyway. Up on AT now for 2 weeks. If no sale then will get it taken to bodyshop for touch up and wheels refurb.