Contrasting 987.1 spoiler colour......

At the moment i'm pretty standard on the exterior. The new year will bring GT3 smile vent, headlight decals, fog-light spars painting black and lowering springs.

I'll end up looking similar to this from the front effectively:

pJLmCi0.jpg

So my question is i'm thinking of having the standard spoiler on mine below: painted a contrasting (Ie: non body) colour. If i did: it would be be Satin black to match the air intakes, other plastic trim, door decals, the smile vent, rear badge etc - which are also all Satin Black..

EjKrpLs.jpg

Had a look around the net for pics of stock contrasting spoiler colours - but can't find very much at all. Below is all i could drum-up to give me at least some idea:

BJslSoP.jpg

lJkPgfe.gif

7orHNuM.jpg

Think it would look ok on mine in Black: and compliment the look.....or am i going to end up making it look like a parrot with make-up on ?

**Get it wrapped so its removeable if i don't like it, go the whole-hog and get a proper Wing, have some balls and do what i want; or ??

The cars look good with the exception of the first car imho the black headlight trim went overboard. Bottom line is you will have to decide but a wrap is fixable . fyi....the term is called here....putting lipstick on a pig lol. Putting a BIG wing that came from a shopping cart starts an inner city poser look  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, extanker said:

The cars look good with the exception of the first car imho the black headlight trim went overboard. Bottom line is you will have to decide but a wrap is fixable . fyi....the term is called here....putting lipstick on a pig lol. Putting a BIG wing that came from a shopping cart starts an inner city poser look  

I don't think the first 987 with the headlight decals (Or maybe even trims ?); is helped by the fact they're gloss black. Which stands out too much imo. I've got Matt black for mine....a bit more subdued hopefully.

Paint will hardly cost alot more than having it wrapped. One is alot more easily removed though; as you rightly say.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liongolfer said:

Hey Syer,

I can't post pics here due to size restrictions but check out my dual tone in this tread as a reference.

https://www.planet-9.com/threads/2010-cayman-refresh-update.243859/page-5

Thanks for the heads-up Arthur. More to chew on....👌

Also came up with this in Satin Black - on a similar coloured car to mine. Not sure how i feel now !

z3j4GPn.jpg

I6P7dag.jpg

I had the "smile vent" put on my R finished in gloss black to match the rear spoiler as a visual balance and gloss black radiator grills, Techart exhaust tips came in gloss black too. 

20200422_114348 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iSPY said:

I had the "smile vent" put on my R finished in gloss black to match the rear spoiler as a visual balance and gloss black radiator grills, Techart exhaust tips came in gloss black too. 

20200422_114348 - Copy.jpg

Front end looks very well there !

Thanks for sharing......