My first Porsche in a couple of weeks

Blissya

Hello, I’m pleased to be close to getting my hands on a 987 gen 2 base Cayman. Last Friday I cancelled the order of a GR Yaris due at the end of Feb, long story short I hadn’t been able to test drive so had doubts about chancing it and don’t want the hassle of being a ‘flipper’. 

On Friday afternoon I made enquiries about a 718 in graphite blue but then decided the same rationale applied as for the GR purchase and as I’m still working from home doing hardly any miles, why commit to a still (for me) fairly large purchase. Same afternoon, a nice spec gen 2 base, aside from fact I’d have still liked heated seats I liked the sound of it, got a call back from the dealer early evening and I’ve now got the money down aiming for March. 

will put some of my own pics up when I can. It’s atlas grey, low owner/miles, chrono, bit of red, bit of carbon.

• Like 1

Welcome to unfortunately acronymed, but affectionately termed, COC 🙋‍♂️

sounds like you’ve found a good alternative to the Yaris GR - although I must admit, I’d love to have a go in one, they look a total hoot. 

Hope you enjoy the 987 when you get it - have you driven one before?  The 2.9 is a very sweet engine that you can wring out to it’s point of glorious flat-6 howl far more readily on the open road than the 3.4. Im sure you’ll love 🥰😀👍🏻

Welcome aboard. And enjoy hugely !

Was it your post on the facebook group that attracted some choice (Not to mention uneducated, narrow minded, bigoted blah blah) comments ref the Yaris ? Many replies from posters who saw the word 'Yaris' and had no idea whatsoever what they were actually 'commenting' on.........🙄

• Sad 1

I’d love a play in the Yaris GR - have you seen Harry Metcalfes YouTube channel video on it - he loves it, ‘rating’ it as the integrale of its generation no less 🥳

A chap in the next village down has just acquired one, it’s parked next to his 991 GT3 - so if it’s good enough for his car-hoonery tastes it’s damn well good enough for anyone else. 👍🏻

(But of course, I’d always still rather have my Cayman 😉🥰🤪)

I drove one last year as the warm up car for an Alpine A110 driving experience at Thruxton and immediately loved the driving position and I think it’s the best gear change feel I’ve experienced. The second visit was for a Mustang and that time I got a go in a 981 PDK. I did prefer the more modern interior feel but I want to go back to a manual and like the lines of the 987. 

50 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

Welcome aboard. And enjoy hugely !

Was it your post on the facebook group that attracted some choice (Not to mention uneducated, narrow minded, bigoted blah blah) comments ref the Yaris ? Many replies from posters who saw the word 'Yaris' and had no idea whatsoever what they were actually 'commenting' on.........🙄

Thanks. No it wasn’t me, I don’t really use Facebook. I’ve certainly got nothing against the GR, just didn’t want to commit without a test drive. Love a Harry’s Garage video 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...