Buying 'unseen' via videos and photos

Ill start be saying many apologies if this has been discussed before.

Due to the current situation cars are being bought from dealers without having been seen in the flesh or driven.  So 'click and deliver' style. So being purchased purely based on video,  photos and the description by the dealer.

If buying from an independent Porsche dealer do you/would you trust them to be honest about the condition of the cars?

I have never bought a car without driving it, but considering a car from an independent in Devizes and I'm in Kent. So...

I'd be interested to know if anyone has done this and if so give us some insight into the experience and if you want, or are allowed to here, praise the dealer concerned If it was a good experience. Obviously don't want any trashing  of anyone, that wouldn't be fair.

Sorry for the long winded post!

Cheers,

Stu.

It is a tough one, most dealers will offer a return on the cars should it not turn out to be what it was advertised as... 

With garages being generally open, I would first find out what the options are should the car not turn out to be what they advised you it was, and then find a local trusted garage to give it a full inspection on day one of receiving the car to make sure all is well. 

Last Lockdown I picked up my car, and they were okay with me going in to test drive. 

Hi Andy. Thanks for the reply.

The dealer concerned have great reviews from their customers, so I'm going to proceed further I think.

A check on day one is a good idea.

Thanks,

Stu.

• Like 1

Sounds like Steve Bull. Daniel bought my Cayman, they were a pleasure to deal with.

If I ever get another Porsche I will go there first.

Can they do a Facetime or Skype video call so you can look around the car?

Depends how fussy you are about paintwork, nothing beats seeing it in the flesh.

Hi Rich. Yep that's them.

Thanks for your comments, it puts my mind at rest. I really want to see the car, not sure he'll be willing to hang on until 21st June though!

Cheers,

Stu

When I bought my R during the lockdown last year, I paid a deposit, arranged an official Porsche Inspection (at my cost, £120 approx I think it was) - will they allow that in your case? as Porsche Swindon is just up the road. 

Stu, the stay at home order ends 29th March, so as long as you observe social distancing and face covering you should be ok.