Porsche Classic Communication Plus for 987?

4 hours ago, Ginginho said:

Does anyone know if this likely to become a thing? From what I've read, there was an expectation that it would but I could find no confirmation anywhere.

I posted an update over at https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1944436

I think I did here too, but can't find it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ginginho said:

Am I right in thinking that is not currently available for 987.1?

Correct.

Going by your profile, you have a Gen 2, and as I mention PCCM+ won't be made available for Gen 2's for a long time. The PCCM+ for the Gen 1 is due next year. I wouldn't be surprised if a Gen 2 PCCM+ is now set for 2023-2024. 

• Like 1

I'd just buy a modern radio with Apple car play. Drags your comms into the current age and works really well.I fitted a Sony XAV-AX5550D.

I put my PCCM + on Ebay and sold it for more than my new unit. Fitted it myself and was a definate win win!

23 hours ago, Julian987 said:

I posted an update over at https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1944436

I think I did here too, but can't find it. 

17 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Correct.

Going by your profile, you have a Gen 2...

At the time that I created the account, that was what I thought that was what I would be getting. That may still end up being the case but I'm just covering all of the bases :)

On 22/08/2021 at 20:58, andygo said:

I'd just buy a modern radio with Apple car play. Drags your comms into the current age and works really well.I fitted a Sony XAV-AX5550D.

I put my PCCM + on Ebay and sold it for more than my new unit. Fitted it myself and was a definate win win!

Did you have Bose fitted as well?

Dean

• Like 1