Wanted Cayman S Sport Viper Green

Cliff R

3 hours ago, yuffyhaggo said:

To be fair chap nothing, I think one of my cars is with them this year, I just wouldn't insure a Porsche with them but that's me. Much rather pay a little more and get things like agreed value and not have to worry about arguing over repair centres or having to use Autoglass for a windscreen.

You have the right to decide where your vehicle is repaired.  It's not up to the insurance company...  I did this with Admiral in 2020.  The repairer was not on their list and I chose them specifically.  But if the monetary comfort helps you sleep better at night, then it's doing its job.

16 hours ago, Aaron said:

You have the right to decide where your vehicle is repaired.  It's not up to the insurance company...  I did this with Admiral in 2020.  The repairer was not on their list and I chose them specifically.  But if the monetary comfort helps you sleep better at night, then it's doing its job.

That is true, poor example.

On 23/04/2024 at 12:21, yuffyhaggo said:

I don't know what it is about my original suggestion that seems to have riled you up, but I have seen quite a few wrapped cars that look just like real paint. If people say "that's wrapped?" then surely by definition it's not obvious.

Again, maybe the 'tatty' part depends on the material, I am not an expert in wrapping. But when I see a thread of people talking about a £60k Cayman and £30k is because of the colour, you have to ask how much is it really worth?.. If you want a green one, a genuine option is buy a common coloured one and change the colour.

Even if insurance cost you an extra £500 a year (which it's not) that's still an irrelevant amount of money when faced with the alternative.

Not sure what riled you up, either. Actually, I do. It was a tone of post that mirrored yours. You said 'nonsense' to my post. I replied with 'nonsense'. More broadly, the tone of my reply was just like the tone of your post. I was just replying in kind. If you don't like the tone of my post, have a think about how you post in future, because it copied yours.

Anyway, wrapped cars looked wrapped in real life as opposed to YouTube videos. The tatty bit, as I keep on saying, isn't complicated. Wrapped cars get tatty if you use them unless you pay even more to have the wrap PPFed. Again, wrapped cars look great on YouTube and Instagram. If you actually use a wrapped car, the wrap will get damaged fairly quickly unless PPF'ed, that's just the reality.

Wrapping a car green is simply not the same as having an actually green car. If it's a show car that barely gets used, then the wear and damage aspect I grant may not be relevant. But it still won't look like paint