Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

It got to £16 something last time round when it had a reserve, be interesting to see if it ends up going for less. Previous bid price looked good to me. That kind of money for any gen 1 with the 3.4 M97 lump (unless it already has a high quality rebuild) is decent if you ask me.

8 hours ago, MartinF6 said:

It got to £16 something last time round when it had a reserve, be interesting to see if it ends up going for less. Previous bid price looked good to me. That kind of money for any gen 1 with the 3.4 M97 lump (unless it already has a high quality rebuild) is decent if you ask me.

yep high 16 if I recall, call it 17. It’s sold for £14k on CollectingCars. Bit of a sad outcome no doubt for the owner, though with setting no reserve then I can only assume they were willing to let it go for less than their previous advert/auction.

6 minutes ago, Porschaholic said:

Looks like a nice Cayman for 14k. If I’m not mistaken, will the winning bidder pay a 5%+vat fee on top of that?

yep that commission is on top, though might be 6%

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

oh which one is yours? good luck with the sale. 

Not sure if I’m allowed to post the link directly - it’s a black manual with Carrera Sport wheels, PSE and interior design pack.

Haven’t found a perfect replacement yet but looking at GT4’s and Exiges as potential options

2 hours ago, jc848 said:

Might regret this later on, but mine is now up for sale on Autotrader 🥲

Weird, did you put it up today? I can see it, but when I order by date posted, it's on page five, which makes no sense - and makes me wonder what else I may have missed! Just as well I go through every page regularly just to be sure...

Anyway, this car, I assume:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202203173677287

Good luck!

That is lovely, definitely soup of the day that

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202203173677287

that has some seriously rare spec - the painted black rear trim, the console, and the embossed armrest. Wow, a wonderful example, best I have seen in a while.  easy for me to say but I wouldn't want to part with that. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Yes that is my one, according to the build sheet the painted trim was all from factory and I haven't seen many like that. I snapped it up quite quickly nearly 4 years ago when the previous owner put it up for sale with only 3 blurry pictures on the advert. Once I saw it in person I realised the interior was quite special and I'm yet to see another with a heated steering wheel! Will really miss that option.

That’s a really nice looking car and I’m sure it will sell quickly. I have had a couple of low ball overs on mine and a trader sniffing over it but it is priced high for a private sale but just trying to limit the loss. All the best with the sale. 

• Thanks 1

Some nice examples being posted. I have a 2.9 which im pretty happy with and having recently test driven an m2 although faster still think i prefer the trusty cayman. Is there much difference between the 2.9 vs gen 2 3.4. Feel mines fast enough for blasting round the local roads but....

6 hours ago, jc848 said:

Thanks! Yes that is my one, according to the build sheet the painted trim was all from factory and I haven't seen many like that. I snapped it up quite quickly nearly 4 years ago when the previous owner put it up for sale with only 3 blurry pictures on the advert. Once I saw it in person I realised the interior was quite special and I'm yet to see another with a heated steering wheel! Will really miss that option.

You'll sell that pretty quickly, I would think. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jc848 said:

I have only seen the factory painted interior trim (rear and front) on a few R's. I reckon yours is one of perhaps one, where its optioned on an S. Incredibly rare to see. I still can't fathom why you'd want to shop that in for a GT4, but thats me!

45 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

I have only seen the factory painted interior trim (rear and front) on a few R's. I reckon yours is one of perhaps one, where its optioned on an S. Incredibly rare to see. I still can't fathom why you'd want to shop that in for a GT4, but thats me!

Told you my car comes from factory with the R package. That's even more rare since I get the wheels, all the painted trims, mirrors, splitters and wing 😛 

20 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Told you my car comes from factory with the R package. That's even more rare since I get the wheels, all the painted trims, mirrors, splitters and wing 😛 

would love to see pics please. Sounds fantastic.