987 PCCM+ is here!

Your new cars will have automotive-specific screen coatings that may seem superficially 'glossy' but don't have nearly as much reflectivity as this thing.

1 hour ago, trialsstar3 said:

'Superficially Glossy' 🤣 what other types of glossy are there! 

There are screen surfaces that look glossy but minimise problematic reflections. At a glance, they look superficially glossy, but they have very different reflectivity characteristics to other more conventional glossy coatings. Trust this helps with your confusion!

2 hours ago, MartinF6 said:

There are screen surfaces that look glossy but minimise problematic reflections. At a glance, they look superficially glossy, but they have very different reflectivity characteristics to other more conventional glossy coatings. Trust this helps with your confusion!

Ha ha no confusion here 😂

21 hours ago, MartinF6 said:

You mean anti-glare/anti-reflective coatings.  Most handheld devices (like phones, laptops, and tablets) can use their backlight brightness to overcome glare.  However, that's not a feasible means of anti-glare in a car, for obvious reasons.

On 11/05/2022 at 20:53, Julian987 said:

It is very interesting, though i am not convinced by the low screen res, no reverse cam support and most importantly Carplay is not wireless. how can that be?!  

could be a disappointment 

You can get an adapter for AA that will enable wireless connectivity.  It was a startup idea on Indiegogo.  It's reasonably priced for the convenience of wireless connectivity - and of course will work on pretty much any car with AA and not just your Cayman.

• 1 month later...

MrVolt looks like the most ideal situation now, Plug&Play but unsure it it shows a video board in whats included. Do we still need to open the the PCM? I'm not a massive fan of this. Last time I opened a phone up I broke the screen cable and refuse to pay someone 6 hours labour to do it as well.