From 987.2 to 981

Cito

Hi,

I am thinking of getting this car

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Porsche-Cayman-U2967

I bought from Ashgood my current 987.2 a few years back and I have been fairly happy. Probably not the best on the market but ok.

I have to see it but it seems to me a decent car (the one from the link).

Have you got any advice to spare? Something in particular to look at?

Cheers,

Andrea

Thanks,

any particular reason for this?

is there something in particular to have a look on this model?

when I got my 2.9, I wasn’t sure if to go for the S rather than the base, but to be honest, as I use it, I’m happy to have gone for the base. I just wouldn’t use the more powers…

That 981 looks nice.

I’ve also got a 2.9, happy with the performance for what I need. It does have the chrono, never used the clock bit but the sport button makes a lovely difference to the throttle response. 

if I get another Porsche, the non negotiable for me would be the PSE. The extended leather also seems to uplift the interior feel, so I’d maybe look out for that too. 

• Like 1

Hi Cito,

Looks like a lovely car, i did a simular swap last year, 3.4 gen 1 to 2.7 981 . No regreats, lacks bit of mid range torque but certainly pulls well when you push on up the rev range & pdk makes it a nice place to be when in a less spirited mood.Just my expereince. sure others will disagee, drive it  & decide for yourself.

7 minutes ago, Porpaul said:

Hi Cito,

Looks like a lovely car, i did a simular swap last year, 3.4 gen 1 to 2.7 981 . No regreats, lacks bit of mid range torque but certainly pulls well when you push on up the rev range & pdk makes it a nice place to be when in a less spirited mood.Just my expereince. sure others will disagee, drive it  & decide for yourself.  Recommend checking interior fan is working, air-con works properly & that front condensors look ok also my drivers window switch was replaced under warranty as one touch stopped working . Good Luck.

8 hours ago, Porpaul said:

Hi Cito,

Looks like a lovely car, i did a simular swap last year, 3.4 gen 1 to 2.7 981 . No regreats, lacks bit of mid range torque but certainly pulls well when you push on up the rev range & pdk makes it a nice place to be when in a less spirited mood.Just my expereince. sure others will disagee, drive it  & decide for yourself.

yes, I have no doubt about the performance. I don’t do track days and on the road the 2.9 is already “too much”.  I was just wondering if this model have got something in particular to look at. I saw your other post😊

thank you very much

Hi Cito, good luck with the search for a 981.

If I was to offer one piece of advice it would be...if the car has Pirelli P Zero's on it, that perhaps are near end of life or even an older sidewall date, try to negotiate with the dealer to part fund a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres, into the deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Montana said:

If I was to offer one piece of advice it would be...if the car has Pirelli P Zero's on it, that perhaps are near end of life or even an older sidewall date, try to negotiate with the dealer to part fund a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres, into the deal.

Thank you very much!

6 minutes ago, Montana said:

is it because Pirelli p zero are stock tyres?

The car has got 48k miles, so I very doubt those are still stock tyres…

37 minutes ago, Montana said:

they said are more o less new Eagle F1

• Like 1

Looks a lovely car at a fair price. 

I personally think its a little slim on spec as things like active suspension and pse are great options and i do use the chrono.

The 14 way seats are a bonus as the 2 way are just a bit cumbersome and low budget imo.

All that said its a good price and a fine looking car. 

• Like 1

Good your happy with your purchase, looks lovely from the photos with a just the correct amount of options to keep you amused! Not far from you so might see you on the road at some point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Porpaul said:

Good your happy with your purchase, looks lovely from the photos with a just the correct amount of options to keep you amused! Not far from you so might see you on the road at some point.

just let me recognise you! 😉