Hello - Newbie to Porsche and to the Club - Jason, Camberley

• Jason Saunders changed the title to Hello - Newbie to Porsche and to the Club - Jason, Camberley

Welcome along Jason! 

Are you going to spill the beans on which Cayman you are buying... I mean, I'm fairly sure I know... but wouldn't want to spoil anything! 

On 30/06/2022 at 09:53, Andy said:

Welcome along Jason! 

Are you going to spill the beans on which Cayman you are buying... I mean, I'm fairly sure I know... but wouldn't want to spoil anything! 

Hi Andy, I know you know 🙂

.... Going from one Jason to another - LOL.

Do you still have a Cayman by chance?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/06/2022 at 14:41, Jason Saunders said:

Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the club having just signed up as a new Member!

Having looked at a good few of the threads since joining, its great to see just how many of you are alike and also like me, realising our childhood dream, following our love affair with Porsche, which started from an early age, as a small boy (my son now has one too, but sadly ... that's with Lamborghini 🙂), but I'm sure that that will  change shortly ...

I should have been picking up my 1st Porsche, a Cayman S 987.2 tomorrow afternoon (I'm buying my girl from an existing Cayman Club Member/ Owner, who introduced me to this club and forum), but sadly I've just been hit with COVID, having gotten off 'scot-free' for the past 2.5 years or so, so we now plan to 'do the deal and complete in full' during the week, next week.

I'm really enjoying reading some of the posts on here and also being educated - Over the coming weeks and months, I would welcome any tips with regard to general ownership, parts & sourcing (as required), along with any useful tips and any meets that are/ may be worth attending.

For now ... I'll await collection day next week (I know for sure that I'll be like a kid again the night before then, just like Christmas Eve whilst growing up) ... perhaps only better 🙂.

Jason - Camberley

Welcome Jason, I assume you have had the car a while now?  I am sure its living up to the dream, the Cayman is an amazing machine.  Maybe I will pass you sometime on the roads as I am not a million miles from Camberley (based in Maidenhead).

Share a picture here of the car and I'll look out for you on my Sunday drives!

Edited by SFAlfaDude