Twin turbo 2.7 Cayman

trialsstar3

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

ERRRRRRRMMMMMMM........... we damand updates! 

Ha ha sorry, 

I've been having too much fun with it! 

Collected the car last Saturday from Hybrid Tune, babied it home then kicked its head in round Donington Park Sunday 🤣

Split a breather hose and dumped oil onto the manifold and exhaust!....This obviously caught fire 🔥 once stationary in the pit lane! Leapt from the car to screams of 'FIRE' 

We quickly got it extinguished. Had a coffee and drove home.

Best weekend I've had in years! 🤩🤩🤩

Ok now Hybrid Tune haven't finished mapping the car due to finding inconsistent lambda sensor readings, an odd top end knocking and a leak in one of the AOS breather hoses. The original plan was to take the car away, fit new lambda sensors, replace breather hose and try to resolve the knocking. 

I couldn't help myself but take it for a spin round some country lanes... I then decided to 'pop in' to the Donington Park race circuit cafe and have a coffee. There was a track day on.... One thing led to another (peer pressure was a major factor) I shouldn't have done it knowing the issues, but what a shake down!

The track was greasy as hell and temperatures were about freezing. The car's really controllable and predictable. The boost feeds in seamlessly so doesn't just throw you off at the first corner.

I had Hybrid Tune set the corner weights and geometry to amazing effect! They also kept the mapping on the rich side to remain safe until they could complete the final tune. This is my current dyno results.

1346506935_Screenshot_20230126-181344_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.e74b10870b0f06021ca6cd906746c701.jpg

They're expecting over 400Bhp once issues resolved and fueling leaned out. 

• Like 1

Great results and i expect that's made a much improved bump in acceleration.  Can't beat drama at trackdays,  I've had many similar experiences. That's one of the best things about them that everyone pulls together to get you sorted out. 

• Like 1