Cayman R - Emission control warning light

MJ

Had this warning light pop up on the dash this eve...not impressed!  Any ideas what it's likely to be?  The manual just says to drive at lower speed and report in to an OPC for them to give it attention/fleece me no doubt. Car only had a major service 6k miles ago.

And has it been sitting around for a long period not being driven? Have you carried on driving it, did it stay on?  

Best bet is to get a code reader and find out for yourself if you can before taking it in to the OPC. 

• Founder

My Cayman S did it a few times after being sat around not driving for a week or so, a quick blast down the road and it always disappeared.  Did it about 2-3 times in 18 months. 

Definitely keep us posted though! 

Edited by Beanoir

It was a stable Amber warning. Apparently if it flashes it means a misfire and if you get a red one your supposed to stop.

Car is being used regularly enough and decent journeys. It came on a few minutes after leaving work this eve.

did have to drive down some mucky lanes this morning so wondered if any debris could have flicked up underside somewhere but that's all I can think of out of the ordinary. 

Yeah was still on this morning. Tried the Italian tune up technique but no different. No odd noises, temperature or loss of power at all so expect it's a modern nanny state emission sensor on the blink. 

put fresh fuel in this eve and light has disappeared! Happy days.

maybe was an airlock or impurity in fuel? Odd as always use shell Nitro plus and car had quarter tank when light first appeared. 

• Like 1

I seem to remember reading likewise when I was searching for likely causes. I had even given the cap an extra twist when the first light appeared the day before, just in case. Must say the crappy cheap plastic fuel lid was a real disappointment the first time I went to fill up. Of course we can always spend £120 on an alloy one from Porsche design (rolls-eyes)