Interior differences on 987.2

Paz

Hi all,

as above I’m unsure of what they changed on the gen 2’s interior wise, I sat in a gen 2 the other day and the dash was soft to touch, but I don’t think it had extended leather. Did they change the dash on these gen 2’s from the scratchy plastic on the gen 1’s? 

Windymillers right, they changed little in the interior. Stereo upgrade, better heater control switches that don’t lose their paint (at last!) and nicer gear change mechanism.

best change was under the bonnet, the new engines don’t give you the sleepless night, IMS overhyped issue….as they don’t have one anymore! I don’t think the 2.9 gen 2 are as smooth as the earlier 2.7/3.4, but most changes were inside there.

Dual pressure oil pump to prevent bore score. 

Anti roll back feature on all gen 2 cars as well. PDK or manual 

Overall all the main gremlins sorted and quite a large difference between gen 1&2.

I’ve had both so recommend saving your pennies and plumping for a 2009 on gen 2 if you can 

10 hours ago, Cayman RS said:

Windymillers right, they changed little in the interior. Stereo upgrade, better heater control switches that don’t lose their paint (at last!) and nicer gear change mechanism.

best change was under the bonnet, the new engines don’t give you the sleepless night, IMS overhyped issue….as they don’t have one anymore! I don’t think the 2.9 gen 2 are as smooth as the earlier 2.7/3.4, but most changes were inside there.

Dual pressure oil pump to prevent bore score. 

Anti roll back feature on all gen 2 cars as well. PDK or manual 

Overall all the main gremlins sorted and quite a large difference between gen 1&2.

I’ve had both so recommend saving your pennies and plumping for a 2009 on gen 2 if you can 

Indeed!  Definitely go for a 2 over 1.  The TCO for a 2 is significantly less.

• 2 months later...

No, the plastic dash on the gen 2 is the same part as the gen 1.

Apart from the centre console with infotainment, climate controls and the bottom control switches, which all got updated, the only other change was that they added some stiching on the upper main dash for the extended leather option on the gen 2. The gen 1 upper dash with extended leather is just one seamless piece of hide.