Wheel Spacers

Bought some spacers from Porsche Shop  Birmingham,   decided to put on today,  front seem ok for now but had noise from rear,  removed wheel and spacer centre had completely come away ???    Read elsewhere that others had problems with front ones but never rear.  So my question to you guys is,  Have any of you bought Spacers from Porsche Shop in Birmingham and what are your views ?     

Have been informed they sell on Chinese copy's off there website so guessing thats why I've got a problem. 

• Platinum Member

What size are they, and are they hub-centric spacers (with the hole that fits exactly to the centre bore?

I assume you also bought longer bolts?

1 hour ago, Carl_Davis said:

What size are they, and are they hub-centric spacers (with the hole that fits exactly to the centre bore?

I assume you also bought longer bolts?

Yes i got hub centric ones,  the front came with longer bolts and are fine,  it was the rears that are at fault,  they are hub centric and bolt on with your bolts then you attach wheels with the nuts they send with spacers.  

Im going to get them changed on Saturday and while there get them to fit and take them for a run to see if any better,  if not ill request they take them off and refund me.

What sort of noise was you getting from the rear Steve?  If they're hub centric then surely it can only be down to a manufacturing default.  

Lets us know if you have problems with Porsche Shop. 

11 hours ago, Uncle Dave said:

What sort of noise was you getting from the rear Steve?  If they're hub centric then surely it can only be down to a manufacturing default.  

Lets us know if you have problems with Porsche Shop. 

It's was strange clicking,. I removed them and found the spigot had broken off,. Porsche shop confirmed that they had this themselves once when fitting do you'd thought they would stock them,. Going today to get refund 

I have some experience with wheel spacers on my previous Cayman R.

I bought 9mm spacers with spigot extension and extended bolts from Design 911. After much trial and error, I found the best combination on the CR was 9mm spacers on the front and 5mm spacers on the rear. Geo settings critical.

I had no quality problems with the Design 911 9mm spacers. I had also tried the 6mm spacers with spigot on the front, but found the 9mm better.

Hope this helps.

Brian   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went down there, they replaced the 15mm with new 9mm and put 6mm on fronts, reimbursed me the difference and didn't charge any labour for putting them on, I mentioned how I'd read on various forums about the quality they were supplying but it fell on deaf ears,. I won't be using them again,  the mechanic there was a helpful guy tho but the sales in retail part of place couldn't care less to be honest. 

8 hours ago, StevieP said:

I went down there, they replaced the 15mm with new 9mm and put 6mm on fronts, reimbursed me the difference and didn't charge any labour for putting them on, I mentioned how I'd read on various forums about the quality they were supplying but it fell on deaf ears,. I won't be using them again,  the mechanic there was a helpful guy tho but the sales in retail part of place couldn't care less to be honest. 

put the wider ones on the front and the thinner ones on the rear. it will drive better, the other way round is for looks and makes the car understeer more.