Still no Cayman, was holding out for my perfect spec GenII and then a few personal issues got in the way, but i'm back on the case now!!  

Anyway, I noticed something when I was searching the web earlier today about a Cayman RS that was a shop modified Cayman - has anybody seen one of these before or know much about Autofarm?  

http://www.autofarm.co.uk/projects/past/cars

cayman_promo_2_orig.jpg

• Like 1

This car (the original development car) now belongs to Jamie Summers (he's on PH) - he had it at Donington last month. I don't know whether Autofarm built any more though.

I dare say there's someone out there who'll build you a Super Cayman. it's gonna cost though!

...and I bet you wouldn't get so much fun as in a lower powered Gen II.

I just revel in revs...

I beg to differ, I bet that car is a hoot to drive!!  

I've had my fair share of 'lower powered' Porsches and they're fun, but the high powered ones rev too, and contrary to belief can be rung out when you want :) 

I wonder why they didn't just stick a 3.8L motor in it?  Be interested to understand the thought process there. 

Sounds like a lot of fun though, I like the simple ethos of lighter wheels etc.  

6 hours ago, Trickle said:

I beg to differ, I bet that car is a hoot to drive!!  

I've had my fair share of 'lower powered' Porsches and they're fun, but the high powered ones rev too, and contrary to belief can be rung out when you want :) 

On the road or track? Road test driving the 981 2.7 and 3.4 the latter seemed to me to be just as much fun but the speeds it tempts the driver with are excessive for a license lover.

On the road a "RS" would no doubt be mostly frustrating to drive rather than a hoot. I'd say it'd be a hoot 2% of the time, whereas mine is a hoot 10% of the time. The rest of the time I'm in traffic or obeying "rules".

Track's a different matter... perhaps.

Thanks !  I've had the car since last August, though I've really not had a huge amount of opportunity to drive it yet.  I've done no more than about 1,500 miles including 3 track days.  There are still things I'm trying to optimise on the car, so I've not been using it much - just waiting to do the next round of mods.

I haven't done a build thread as such, but there's a lot of detail on the Autofarm website with links to the various magazine articles written at the time.

http://www.autofarm.co.uk/projects/past/cars

The car has evolved considerably since then.  It's all in the history file that came with the car.  I should probably write up exactly what I've done to the car over the past twelve months to bring it all up to date, but most of it is summarised in my earlier post.

I have just continued along the logical path that Autofarm set out on.  Interestingly they did nothing to the stock PASM suspension, so this was my first port of call to make the most of the other modifications that they had made.

To date over £40k has been spent on modifications, which makes very little financial sense, but thankfully only a small proportion of that has been my expenditure !

I'll try and sort out some pictures.....

Jamie

• Like 1