Watch fans... Any on here???

richjar

Hi guys,

Any watch fans on here?

For your enjoyment I have attached a few pics of a couple I have.

Always find myself needing another.

dads Jury.jpg

rolex air king.jpg

My Carrera 2.jpg

Tag Heuer Formula 1 Gulf Limited Edition.png

• Like 1

Saw a topic like this on another forum and I wondered if it was sensible to advertise valuable watches when others who might like to steal them may be watch-ing too?

Just a thought.

Edited by DJMC

17 hours ago, DJMC said:

Saw a topic like this on another forum and I wondered if it was sensible to advertise valuable watches when others who might like to steal them may be watch-ing too?

Just a thought.

Always good to be careful, as they are always people who unfortunately think it is acceptable to steal, however the photos of our cars do detail more expensive items that could be targeted. So away good to limit details online

• Founder

I like watches and had a few, Omega Seamaster for a while but sold it as I found it too heavy (don't really get on with metal straps).  I've had a Tag Heuer F1 Chrono, rubber strap job for about 12 years which has been my everyday does everything from out on the mountain bike to laying under the car.  

My slightly less hardworking watch is a Tag Heuer Carrera 300SLR which is a limited edition to commemorate the car that Stirling Moss won the Targa Florio and the Mille Miglia with in 1955.  I liked the petrolhead connection and that there is no reference to 'Tag' on the watch, just 'Heuer' like the classic Heuer Carrera.  I changed the strap on it to something more to my taste also. 

48E586E6-F194-4A82-923A-FE77AA7BC6E7_zps

9E2E2938-E30D-44FD-A838-CDA741BC965F_zps

The last watch in my collection rarely gets worn (special occasions) although it was worn everyday by my grandpop, a carpenter by trade and I remember it well.  It was left to me after he passed away.  

I don't really collect watches, but I would  quite like a Tag Heuer Drive Timer, nice simple look.  

8 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

My other poison. Shopping as we speak.....

Don't just leave us hanging - what were you looking for, did you get anything. Photos please

Nothing too grand, just an Ebel Classic Wave, Ebel Brasilia in black, an Omega Seamaster and a Longines Conquest. Ive been told thats enough :(

• Founder

Just found a photo I took a while back (playing around with backgrounds) of my grandpop's watch.  No idea what it is really, but it's certainly seen a few places.  

Grandpop's Watch2.jpg

• Like 1

I have a couple of Oris watches, a TT3 and Williams F1 model.  I really like them and very rarely see others wearing them.  Apparently they don't appeal to the hardcore watch snobs as they have a standard automatic movement or some other nonsense.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 21:37, aslan said:

I have a couple of Oris watches, a TT3 and Williams F1 model.  I really like them and very rarely see others wearing them.  Apparently they don't appeal to the hardcore watch snobs as they have a standard automatic movement or some other nonsense.

All depends upon what different people look for in a watch, the main thing I go on is if I like it or not...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a massive watch fan (my user name is from a Rolex GMT). I currently have a Rolex Green Submariner, a Bell&Ross 126 Chronograph and a 1970's Rolex Date.

The anniversary. I don't like the current Rolex tool watches, apart from The Explorer. The new cases are ugly IMHO. In fact all modern Rolexes are too blingy fro me.

4 hours ago, gmtsteve said:

The anniversary. I don't like the current Rolex tool watches, apart from The Explorer. The new cases are ugly IMHO. In fact all modern Rolexes are too blingy fro me.

Cool, I agree. The oversize cases are to big. They are not elegant. I think only the Daytona is the slim case in the range... 

Love the look of The Daytona, apart from the problem with most Rolexes these days. Too many polished surfaces. They end up looking too bling.