987 gen1 speedo fascia change

Pops50

Hi everyone,

has anybody changed the instrument cluster fascia on their Cayman?

im fancying some yellow ones to match the exterior and was wondering where to get them and is it a big job to do?

thanks in advance.

pete 

Edited by Pops50
Typo

Design 911 sell the yellow ones, although they aren't cheap! 

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt67_509_-cma81-cmo82/Porsche/Boxster-986-987-981/Dial-Faces/

I've changed the dial faces on a couple of cars, it is possible on the Cayman, although I've not changed one myself. 

If you can remove the clocks then it would be a case of being very careful, It might be worth having a chat with these guys, I think the chap to speak to is Julian Reap at Reap Automotive Deisgn. 

They should be able to help you out. 

http://www.reapautomotivedesign.com/porsche-dials.php

• Like 1

• Founder
4 hours ago, scoobytc said:

What colour are the standard clocks out of interest? as mine are White and I thought that was standard

It used to be that base models had black and S models had silver/white.  It was an option to upgrade though so not always that obvious on a used car whether it was standard or not.  

The CR has black dials and actually I quite like them.  My 2.7 986 for instance would have had black as standard but were changed to silver as a cost option from factory.  

Hi guys, 

mine are black as it's a 2.7 base model in speed yellow, it's got top of range Bose, pasm, sports chrono , sat nav ect ect 

I just think the yellow dials might set it off a little against the all black leather on the dash..

thanks for the links by the way..

someone must have changed them themselves on here surely.

pete

• Like 1

Well two emails sent to reapautomotivedesign this week and no reply??? so do I give them a ring tomorrow or keep looking elsewhere?

web site looks great very disappointed I've not heard anything so will there service be as efficient? Would hate to send them my clocks and not get them back for three months or something... NO CAYMAN NO LIKEY!

pete

• Founder
5 hours ago, Pops50 said:

Well two emails sent to reapautomotivedesign this week and no reply??? so do I give them a ring tomorrow or keep looking elsewhere?

web site looks great very disappointed I've not heard anything so will there service be as efficient? Would hate to send them my clocks and not get them back for three months or something... NO CAYMAN NO LIKEY!

pete

Worth calling them, can't hurt