PCM 3 Bluetooth

Stokepotter

OK we all know that you can't Bluetooth music from your phone to pcm 3 so i have tried various methods including a Bluetooth FM transmitter and an in line Bluetooth plug. Both do the job but with terrible interference almost like a whistle or poor radio reception crackle. I'm using my galaxy s7 with spotify. I'm wondering if there's some kind of conflict with the pcm Bluetooth connection.

Has anyone successfully sent music to pcm 3 via Bluetooth without encountering this problem? 

Hi DJ, yes I am using it hard wired now using a double ended 3:5mm short lead into the aux plug, just a mither every time, it's pcm 3.0 I believe it was upgraded on 3.1 so you could Bluetooth music. 

I would love to be able to get in car and have spotify start playing automatically which I can get it to do using the aforementioned Bluetooth devices but without the interference. 

• Founder

The solution....

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down_Detail.asp?hidShowID=15

I've been using one in the last 2 Caymans, works great and track info/radio station info etc displays on PCM screen. Requires the iPod connectivity option though.    

If you don't have iPod or USB connectivity in the arm rest then your options are severely limited. 

Anybody wants a demo then shout 

Edited by Beanoir

Found it on Amazon beanoir, bit more then I wanted to pay but if it does the job then great.

So this replaces my iPod and uses the iPod connection port? Is there a way of being able to use both or is it one or the other?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/5fn/ViseeO-Tune2Air-WMA3000A-Bluetooth-Adapter/B00R2HZ1XU

OK after a bit more reading I have answered my above question, just one thing, I see there are at least two versions, which one do I need? The one with the cable as above at Amazon or the one with the USB and aux cable here? My car is 2012 so the iPod is currently connected using the connector cable with the round stubby plug.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172402139316

Seems to work a treat with no interference although I had read or maybe I didn't that I would be able to use pcm controls to move between tracks when streaming spotify from my Android phone?

One other thing, now I see how it works I have a horrible feeling as I already have something similar plugged into my B&W Zeppelin speaker to enable me to stream to that. Why horrible? It cost about a fiver! I don't know whether I dare try it or not! 

So you have USB input too? Can't you just download all your music to a USB stick and play it direct from there? That's what I do.

As an aside, I'd transfer all my music (around 8GB) to my 40GB "jukebox" hard drive if it were possible. The transfer rate is so slow that by the end of a 2hr drive it's done maybe 1GB, then if I start it transferring again it goes back to the beginning and transfers the same tracks. Typically Porsche! My E Class COMAND system would transfer it all in around 5 minutes. 2014 Porsche tech vs 2010 Merc.

I still have my iPod Classic which I can plug in if need be, the "problem" I had which is now solved, is the streaming of spotify from my phone without interference. 

I've only just joined the spotify party but it seems the way to go. 

• Founder
On 13/02/2017 at 18:31, Stokepotter said:

Seems to work a treat with no interference although I had read or maybe I didn't that I would be able to use pcm controls to move between tracks when streaming spotify from my Android phone?

One other thing, now I see how it works I have a horrible feeling as I already have something similar plugged into my B&W Zeppelin speaker to enable me to stream to that. Why horrible? It cost about a fiver! I don't know whether I dare try it or not! 

Tested mine this evening, I can change tracks with the buttons on the PCM when streaming Spotify 

Cheers beanoir, yeah meant to say, can do that too now, I'd got pcm on aux, soon as I changed to iPod, voila.

Perfect now, get in car, don't have to touch phone and within 20 seconds, spotify opens and starts playing. (I had found an alternative for changing songs before I realised I needed to select iPod and that was via my smartwatch) technology, isn't it great. 

• Like 1