981 GTS

Luke

I've bought number plates from the auctions before, and as long as you calculate the total fee before hand there's some great deals to be had compared to the standardized prices on the DVLA and other number plate websites. I would imagine that this particular plate will go for quite a bit more that the guide price if there's a couple of people interested.

But what's 2-3k when you've got a car worth 70 ;)

As an owner of a couple of plates currently and having only ever having 2 cars without private plates on em, I build it into the cost of the car. Would I spend 4k on wheels? Yes. Would I have a prefer a private plate? Yes. Does it "match" the car? yes. Done. I would never buy one with my name on it however. ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

As an owner of a couple of plates currently and having only ever having 2 cars without private plates on em, I build it into the cost of the car. Would I spend 4k on wheels? Yes. Would I have a prefer a private plate? Yes. Does it "match" the car? yes. Done. I would never buy one with my name on it however. ;)

I did the same on my previous car, got a private plate that "matched" the car. But when I came to sell the car, none of the dealer's saw value in the plate, so I had to take it off to sell separately, which was an annoying 6 month process. In the end I only lost about £200 on the plate (which was worth about £800), but I think from now on I'm just going to buy one that relates to me and transfer it between cars.

On 3/21/2017 at 08:00, DKR_77 said:

Plates that try and spell something or wrong character spacing look 5H1T 

That's personal opinion. I personally don't like incorrectly spaced plates either. But I do like personalised plates that relate to the owner or the vehicle.

17 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

ooops or should I say OO0P5 ;)

16299922_1234001416635991_55003501331132

Beautiful image, I'm sure I've been in that lay-by, I'm guessing Snowdonia?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke said:

That's personal opinion. I personally don't like incorrectly spaced plates either. But I do like personalised plates that relate to the owner or the vehicle.

Naturally.  For instance...using beanoir's amusing example 

CIINT C - would look crap although maybe does relate to the owner as you say ;) 

C11 NTC - is perfectly legal and if the owners initials is pretty nice