Looking to trade my PSE for standard exhaust, anyone interested?

Hi all,

Looking to trade the factory fitted switchable PSE on my 981 for the standard exhaust (too noisy for me!). Car has done 20k and exhaust in good nick. Chatted to RPMtechniq and they are happy to change. Located in London.

Cheers,

Matt

I Matt, can you just leave it switched off rather than devaluing your car? I would be very surprised if this is any noisier when closed than a factory non PSE standard system.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I changed the exhaust on my year old Cayman to a PSE and find it to be noisy at all times. Switching it on simple gives you the crackles and pops.

The drone at around 2000rpm is terrible so for motorway driving quite unpleasant.........for other roads it's great fun !

On 4/8/2017 at 00:10, Bushman said:

I Matt, can you just leave it switched off rather than devaluing your car? I would be very surprised if this is any noisier when closed than a factory non PSE standard system.

I agree, can you pull the fuse the stop the valves from opening? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 13:29, matcooper said:

Hi all,

Looking to trade the factory fitted switchable PSE on my 981 for the standard exhaust (too noisy for me!). Car has done 20k and exhaust in good nick. Chatted to RPMtechniq and they are happy to change. Located in London.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt, I may well be a bit late for the party here but I recently purchased a base Cayman, 2014 with 25K miles.

If you are still considering trading your PSE for a standard exhaust I would be very interested in discussing this further?

Cheers

David