Scratch repair

Noticed a scratch along the entire length of my car, on the passenger side. Being the generous person I am, I'll assume that it wasn't deliberate.... Anyway, it was deep enough that I could feel it with my fingernail, so set about getting rid of it. Three passes of Farecla G3 Scratch Removal Paste and all was well again. It's not perfect, but very happy with the result.

See before and after pictures.

IMG_0128.JPG.306b53d407a40cd01ff7d611d17caf09.JPGIMG_0134.JPG.7a92d65b520791394b4cde3510932f4a.JPG

Edited by briggy
Duplicate pictures.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Beanoir said:

You're far more forgiving than me - I'd be fuming!! :sCh_taz:

Good job though! 

Ditto...but more so!

Not sure I'd put my microfibre cloths on a wheelie bin though B|

I'm the same as you Rob, all of my microfibrer cloth's wax applicators and wash mits are in a plastic box with a lid that locks shut. If they come out of there it's straight onto the car. If they touch anything else it's back to the washing machine... Wife thinks I'm crazy...

Great job of the scratch though! I'll remember the G3 just in case I need any in the future.

• Like 1

Oh it's ok. They only get put on the wheelie bin if I know I've finished with them. Everything gets machine washed after every use. Wife put them outside to dry today, the wind blew the onto the ground, so back in the washing machine they went!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy L said:

I'm the same as you Rob, all of my microfibrer cloth's wax applicators and wash mits are in a plastic box with a lid that locks shut. If they come out of there it's straight onto the car. If they touch anything else it's back to the washing machine... Wife thinks I'm crazy...

Great job of the scratch though! I'll remember the G3 just in case I need any in the future.

So it's not just me! To prove my sanity to the wife I just showed her your post and got this straight back..."That just means that there's another crazy person out there".

Guilty as charged :$

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 987Monkey said:

so do you use bio or non-bio???  :ph34r:

That would be the same answer as asking me how many sugars I have in a cup of tea - "No idea. Ask my wife."

• Like 1

I'll fall for it...Bio everytime xD Hot, regular wash, liquid only, no softener and preferably line dry. Only microfibre cloths in the machine and never any terry type cloths to cause contamination. My cloths are also graded, generally by colour but always by storage box and go through a rotation :$.