Spyder Wheel Care - Anything Special ?

Is there anything in particular that you need to do different from standard alloys to care for the Spyder wheels on the PCR ?  I assume that given their weight, they are made from something other than the standard alloy compounds. This could also be a really dumb question so don't flame me!!!

• Founder

you can't be flamed by a man who drives a plastic French car :tongueanimated:

Any quality wheel cleaner is fine, I use Bilt Hamber stuff, which is very good 

Damn! I'll have to find something else to wow people with in the pub bragging Grand Prix!!!

I'll give the Bilt Hamber stuff a go - not the first time someone has mentioned it as a quality product.

cheers,

Andy

Once you;ve got your wheels really nice and clean I'd highly recommend coating them with  Gtechniq C5. it goes on really easily and does a fantastic job of protecting the wheels. They become far easier to clean as the brake dust can't bond to the C5. It's incredible stuff! I've also used their C4 product on the plastic trim between the bonnet and the windscreen. Mine was quite badly faded and had that grey chalky appearance. A quick wipe over we C4 and it now looks like it's just come out of the showroom.

I would have to echo what has been said, any Ph neutral wheel cleaner will do the job for cleaning. Certainly recommend sealing the wheels after cleaning as it will make them a million times easier to clean in the future, you will only really need to jetwash them and give them a wipe with water.

Carbon collective do a really good sealant also :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Bilt Hamber stuff coming tomorrow so will give that a go in the next couple of days. I sealed them on the last clean with Autoglym but that only lasts a short time - enough for now but the C5 is probably where I'll go with it.