Speed yellow 987

PMGPete

Looks fantastic, very jealous of the yellow! I would've snapped this up but it came up for sale a month too early for me as I was still in the process of selling my previous car. Glad to see it's gone to another forum member though, looking forward to seeing the progress!

• Like 1

Looks awesome - good gloss to the paintwork too. My only critique is the fog light surrounds - I prefer them to melt into the background so would probably change them to black ones. A great looking car all the same - congrats.

Funny you should say that, the car is having them painted black on Monday and I'm also colour coding the lower lip spoilers on the front bumper too!

As for the gloss, I own a detailing company so I couldn't not have it looking it's best :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do indeed :) He mentioned you had called in, would love to have seen both cars together!

Certainly we can offer discounts to COC members :)

My own goes into OPC Belfast tomorrow for some coding ahead of fitting the new rear spoiler.  I am having it deactivated so it no longer auto lifts.

I could have simply unplugged it but I couldn't cope with the error message on the dash.

Then on Monday it's off to the body shop to paint and fit the new parts! Very excited.

1 hour ago, PMGPete said:

I do indeed :) He mentioned you had called in, would love to have seen both cars together!

Certainly we can offer discounts to COC members :)

My own goes into OPC Belfast tomorrow for some coding ahead of fitting the new rear spoiler.  I am having it deactivated so it no longer auto lifts.

I could have simply unplugged it but I couldn't cope with the error message on the dash.

Then on Monday it's off to the body shop to paint and fit the new parts! Very excited.

No way, mines into the opc tomorrow too to try and identify a lost locking wheel nut key :D. Porsche will think they’ve been invaded by yellow :D.  Maybe see you there! What time you heading down?

• 4 weeks later...

The splitter is a gem Porsche item and the spoiler came from an American company I found through planet 9

You have to deal with him via email I'm happy to send you his details.

Spoiler was circa £1200

I can’t get over how good that looks whoever did the spraying of the front clip did a stunning job. It’s seemless. Did they do just the bumper or did they blend into the arches? That wing is awesome. How’s it handle at speed?

Just the bumper but it was colour scanned rather than painted off a code :)

I am actually surprised that above 69mph ;) you can really feel the car getting more stable.  I genuinely thought it would feel no different

• 3 months later...

I know this post hasn't been updated for while..... But I'm a newbie, with a speed yellow 987.... And I just bought a private plate for mine similar to yours Y31 CAY 

Great minds!! 

• Like 1

Ha thanks! 

A few more changes to mine since the last update. 

Got a major service at 44k miles, air con regas and a wheel alignment.  The best though is that my nice brand new speed yellow seat belts are now fitted ?

Next up is some GEN2 style rear lights and the steering wheel retrimned.