Door sill scuff plates

Anyone know where I can get a replacement silver 'Cayman S' scuff plate for my 2007 3.4S - like the one in the pic here? The pic shows the plate on the passenger side, which is in decent condition, but on the driver's side it's a bit tatty.

IMG_4225 2.jpg

mine was tatty too and although I found some pattern replacements, I had some 3D carbon fibre film that we had used previously on a boat. I simply recovered the sill panel as a temp fix and added protection. that was well over a year ago.!

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/05/2018 at 22:47, Bushman said:

mine was tatty too and although I found some pattern replacements, I had some 3D carbon fibre film that we had used previously on a boat. I simply recovered the sill panel as a temp fix and added protection. that was well over a year ago.!

@Bushman How did you remove the sill kick plate? Are they bonded on?

I'm wanting to "wrap" my sill/door entry trims & boot/frunk release etc

I did the inner sill trim panel in situ, worked the wrap with hairdryer to soften then work any air pockets out with plastic tool /scraper  card. seat makes it awkward though. trim back edges with scalpel and steady hand then tuck in edges under trim using  plastic trim tools/ removers that are sold in roll up sets.

• 7 months later...

Old topic resurrected, but I had the same issue. You can buy a new OE scuff plate from Porsche or similar - I got mine from 9 Apart if I remember correctly, for around £50. Straight forward if a bit time consuming  to remove the stuck down old sill (hairdryer, patience and brute force required) but a 2 second job to stick the new one in place. Looks good as new now. 

• Like 1