Dropping b to say Hi.

James

Well I just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself as I'm new here and hopfully I'll be sticking around for quite a while. I'm Jim from up North. :8:

I've just become the very proud owner of an Atlas Grey Cayman S, 2008 Gen 1 model, it has a Manual box and its covered 90k miles. It was a private buy and considering the condition of the car, how it drives and the work it has had done I think I got quite a bargain.

It's a beautiful car which believe it or not only looks around 3 years old, totally standard and running on the 18 inch version of the "Lobster Claw" wheels.

I don't suppose I'll ever find myself coming across any of you guys out on the road as I can't remember the last time I ever saw a Cayman in my area (Sunderland NE England) with them being pretty scarce and all that.

It's early days at 3 weeks into ownership but I'm absolutely loving the car and I can't ever see myself parting with it, that's so unlke me as I have in the past been known to change my car quite often mainly through boredom and just fancying a change, not this time.

Well I'm off to show a mate of mine me new wheels, he's just phoned me as he's heard I've moved up a notch or two in the car world, any excuse to get behind the wheel again so bye for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I drive to Newcastle regular (live on Teesside) though I won't hold you being a Maccam against you. :-)

I did pull up at the lights along side a green Cayman R on the Parkway the other day.  We did a respectful nod to each other. :-)

On 03/12/2017 at 13:52, James said:

Well I just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself as I'm new here and hopfully I'll be sticking around for quite a while. I'm Jim from up North. :8:

I've just become the very proud owner of an Atlas Grey Cayman S, 2008 Gen 1 model, it has a Manual box and its covered 90k miles. It was a private buy and considering the condition of the car, how it drives and the work it has had done I think I got quite a bargain.

It's a beautiful car which believe it or not only looks around 3 years old, totally standard and running on the 18 inch version of the "Lobster Claw" wheels.

I don't suppose I'll ever find myself coming across any of you guys out on the road as I can't remember the last time I ever saw a Cayman in my area (Sunderland NE England) with them being pretty scarce and all that.

It's early days at 3 weeks into ownership but I'm absolutely loving the car and I can't ever see myself parting with it, that's so unlke me as I have in the past been known to change my car quite often mainly through boredom and just fancying a change, not this time.

Well I'm off to show a mate of mine me new wheels, he's just phoned me as he's heard I've moved up a notch or two in the car world, any excuse to get behind the wheel again so bye for now.

Welcome!! :) 

• 1 month later...

...thanks for the welcome guys but can I first apologise for not replying any earlier, I should have come back after a few days to give you my thanks, no excuses except to say I'm not one to use the internet very often so I hope I'm forgiven and I'll make a better effort to visit more regularly

Well I still have no pictures of the Cayman, to be honest I've only driven it around 6 times and probably covered less than 100 miles in it since I bought it, it's never going to be a daily driver as I have access to my wifes car, it's gleaming away in the garage at the moment and while the weather is like the way it is it will stay there.

I'll post up some pictures soon, it's due for a run out so within the week I'll be back with a few pics.

I'm sure I'm all alone here in Sunderland, there are a few 996's and 997's around my way and I saw a 991 last week but not a peek of a Cayman.

Anyhow I have plans for the car which I'll let you all know about, I'll be interested to have your opinions so I promise to be back sooner next time. :12_slight_smile:

• Like 1