Alloy wheel touch up advice

Dear Caymanites

I've a couple of blisters that have "popped" on 2 of my alloys (18" Cayman S, silver), the rest of the wheels are in fine fettle, anyone have recommendations around pain/kits re DIY touch ups?
Cheers
Craig

43 minutes ago, Craiglm68 said:

Dear Caymanites

I've a couple of blisters that have "popped" on 2 of my alloys (18" Cayman S, silver), the rest of the wheels are in fine fettle, anyone have recommendations around pain/kits re DIY touch ups?
Cheers
Craig

Mine are gloss black and get small paint chips on the spokes from grit. I got a Halfrauds gloss black touch up stick. Suppose silver is a little more tricky to match.

If they’re original factory paint wheels maybe wheels have a paint code?  Worth asking the opc. You might be able to order a Porsche touch up pen that would match or find a paint that would from third party? No idea if poss but worth asking.

Porsche don’t provide a factory paint code for their wheels, or at least my local OPC wouldn’t. 

Touching up wheels that have started to blister is only a temporary measure, it means you’ve got moisture under the paint.  The touch up will likely fall off again after a while.   

Have the wheel properly painted to match the factory finish of your other wheels.  This provides a better finish than powder coating which never looks as good as paint.  

4 hours ago, DKR_77 said:

"Have the wheel properly painted to match the factory finish of your other wheels.  This provides a better finish than powder coating which never looks as good as paint."  

I'd say it depends how good the powder coater is... Powder coating imo is far superior in durability terms than the best 2k paint...

I have just resprayed my 2 rear wheels using Wurth primer / base coat airosole can, Porsche Artic Silver (same as car) can and Wurth clear coat can. 1 can of primer per wheel and 1/2 can of top coat and clear coat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-German-Alloy-Silver-Wheel-Paint-Refurb-Kit-3-Cans/273107437458?epid=1545412246&hash=item3f9678c792:g:170AAMXQ-BZQ-9gC

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-400ml-Car-Paint-Aerosol-ARKTISSILBER-92T-92U/221131938776?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Worked really well. No runs, bubbling etc...

I used wet and dry to sand first.

• Thanks 1