Just picked up my Cayman R

9 minutes ago, Peopleandcars said:

. ..stupidly pushed my front bumper into a parking concrete column yesterday so is going to do that now too.  

Somehow 987 feels much bigger than my 986...still getting used to it.. grrrr

What tips did you get?

And how much to fit tips?

I do have some tips from a Spyder that i got recoated at zircotec

Ouch! But better to have done it now than after you've had the work done I guess. 

I've gone for Fabspeed chrome black tips, which both look great, while also creating much better exhaust flow, since they have separate pipes from each back box to each tip - the standard Porsche tips work on a T design, so the exhaust gasses from each box are literally hitting each other before being forced out of the tips. 

Not sure about the cost of fitting at this stage, it'll depend on whether anything is seized when we get it up on the lift ?

Edited by Draven

58 minutes ago, Draven said:

Ouch! But better to have done it now than after you've had the work done I guess. 

I've gone for Fabspeed chrome black tips, which both look great, while also creating much better exhaust flow, since they have separate pipes from each back box to each tip - the standard Porsche tips work on a T design, so the exhaust gasses from each box are literally hitting each other before being forced out of the tips. 

Not sure about the cost of fitting at this stage, it'll depend on whether anything is seized when we get it up on the lift ?

Right on -- yeah so annoying for the bumber

But I am tracking the car on the 21st so I guess ill give it a do-over after that inc. bumper

I looked into the fabspeed but got the spyder used for about 100GBP and getting the ceramic coating for 72GBP ...money saved there going in the bumper. karma!

Do you track the R?

1 hour ago, Peopleandcars said:

Do you track the R?

Good question... ?

27774816037_3debc47555_o.jpg

41933429884_fe83a7e2eb_o.jpg

Edited by Draven
  • Like 1

I've just bought and fitted side decals from Design Stuff Online,  really nice quality and great service, I had ordered a center Stripe too but I'm not brave enough to fit it. I can highly recommend their products.

On 07/07/2018 at 13:57, Draven said:

They were really helpful when I contacted them. 

The centre stripe was under the 981 section specifically for the GT4, so I asked them if it would work on my 987 R, since there's more vinyl needed on the rear than on the GT4 that it's designed for. They came back telling me it would be fine, and supplied me with more than enough vinyl to run under my tailgate window. 

Oh, and John even threw in the front bumper sections for free when I ordered the stripe - great service, and not at all expensive in the first place. 

Cay1.jpg

Cay 2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nis200K said:

I've just bought and fitted side decals from Design Stuff Online,  really nice quality and great service, I had ordered a center Stripe too but I'm not brave enough to fit it. I can highly recommend their products.

They look great - bet the centre stripe would look good, too ? 

I think the centre stripe will be a marmite thing, but I love it on mine. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2018 at 10:43, Draven said:

"The official Porsche side decals are around £1,000 as I remember, so I’d certainly look for an aftermarket vinyl source."

Got my "R" side decals from eBay... Cheap as chips & top quality!

CH241820.jpg

• Like 1