Fuch look alloys?

Craiglm68

Am thinking about upgrading (have Cayman S alloys at present), and looking for recommendations re companies that make Fuch look alloys.  I'm expecting most companies to be US based or similar, but that's fine.

Follow on question; standard fronts are 8" wide, rear wheels  9" wide....I've seen some  sets being sold all the same width (9" or 9.5")....what does that mean in the grand scheme of things re fit etc?

Cheers!

On 04/09/2018 at 17:33, Craiglm68 said:

Am thinking about upgrading (have Cayman S alloys at present), and looking for recommendations re companies that make Fuch look alloys.  I'm expecting most companies to be US based or similar, but that's fine.

Follow on question; standard fronts are 8" wide, rear wheels  9" wide....I've seen some  sets being sold all the same width (9" or 9.5")....what does that mean in the grand scheme of things re fit etc?

Cheers!

Real FUCHS are made by OTTO Fuchs Germany

RPMteknick is fitter in the UK https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/shop-product/fuchs-alloy-wheels/

Mind, they are expensive -- im planning for mine next year

There is also another option off 911uk --- they are heavier and not that cheaper

Other lookalikes i am not sure

Edited by Peopleandcars

I love the Fuchs wheels, and the RS splits.  The Fuchs are more 'classic' and were introduced onto the 911 in the late 1960's, the RS splits were a much later design.  

Both look cool on a retro style'd Cayman 

Thanks gents....I've been on a journey the last few weeks and identified 3 UK and Germany suppliers making great Fuch Style wheels which seem to be quality units,  well under £2K  delivered (for the 18"'s at least, 8.5" and 10" widths)  Happy to share if of interest.

Edited by Craiglm68
Missing info

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2018 at 16:20, Craiglm68 said:

Thanks gents....I've been on a journey the last few weeks and identified 3 UK and Germany suppliers making great Fuch Style wheels which seem to be quality units,  well under £2K  delivered (for the 18"'s at least, 8.5" and 10" widths)  Happy to share if of interest.

Interested, please do share info

15 hours ago, Peopleandcars said:

Interested, please do share info

OK, started off with looking at US based suppliers (found some nice looking options, but they were heavy....), then stumbled across 3 that I found very helpful, communicative, and offering  slightly different Fuch style options, for under £2K (18")

In no particular order:

- www.dynamic-speed.de (has a broad range of offerings, expensive 3 pieve items as well as more "normal" priced options)

http://group4wheels.com/ (UK based, use an italian manufacturer that used to make Speedline alloys)

- www.kerscher.ag  ( I was dealing with the main website, then stumbled across the FB page, and ended up talking to the chap who actually produces the items (the website is for the Sales arm, run by his sister in law. Both parties very easy to deal with.)

• Thanks 1