Hello from Southampton

Ben

Hi all

Purchased my 987 Cayman  a few months back having owned a Nissan 350z for many years and have to say the Cayman is a great drivers car, so really enjoying it so far! It's a base 2.7 in atlas grey which I think is a really nice colour. Only issue is the exhaust note is no where near as evocative as the Zed so considering having the Carnewal GT exhaust fitted - would appreciate people's  thoughts on this if they've done something similar.  And if there are any get togethers being organised in the Hants area I'll do my best to be there!

Cheers 

Ben 

• Like 1

Welcome Ben! I'm just down the road near Poole, have gone the Carnewal route (and a DMS remap, near you in Southampton), happy to discuss further (or meet up down the track!)

Thanks for the welcome, yes I've done a bit of research into Carnewal exhausts and I'm pretty sure I'll get it done in the new year! Did you guys go over to Gerts place in Belgium to have it fitted? I quite fancy the idea of a road trip over there. Would be good to meet up - are there any events in the southern region coming up? 

Hi Ben,

I used to own a 350z too for a couple years and I had a Cobra exhaust fitted to mine.  I also now drive a 2.7 Cayman.  How have you found driving it vs the zed?  

16 hours ago, Ben said:

Thanks for the welcome, yes I've done a bit of research into Carnewal exhausts and I'm pretty sure I'll get it done in the new year! Did you guys go over to Gerts place in Belgium to have it fitted? I quite fancy the idea of a road trip over there. Would be good to meet up - are there any events in the southern region coming up? 

Hi Ben, nothing major re the COC itself, some PCGB events in the Dorset/Devon region....or we organise one of our own! I had my system delivered/fitted over here, but a few have done the road trip and by all accounts Gert is an excellent host, and the general experience of seeing his workshop etc is great.

• Founder
2 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Hi Ben, nothing major re the COC itself, some PCGB events in the Dorset/Devon region....or we organise one of our own! I had my system delivered/fitted over here, but a few have done the road trip and by all accounts Gert is an excellent host, and the general experience of seeing his workshop etc is great.

We will look to do a Southern Breakfast Meet in the coming months, so if you guys have any venues in mind that would be good for breakfast and a decent parking area then do PM me with details ?

• Thanks 1

On 12/09/2018 at 15:58, Craiglm68 said:

Sounds good!  Could I ask, did you replace the exhaust tips at the same time?  I'm considering changing to a dual tail pipe but not sure what the cost would be.

On 12/09/2018 at 18:14, Beanoir said:

We will look to do a Southern Breakfast Meet in the coming months, so if you guys have any venues in mind that would be good for breakfast and a decent parking area then do PM me with details ?

I don't have any experience of this particular venue but the reviews on Google look good -  not sure if anyone else knows anything about it?

http://www.thedepartureloungecafe.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Sounds good!  Could I ask, did you replace the exhaust tips at the same time?  I'm considering changing to a dual tail pipe but not sure what the cost would be.

Tips....mine came with the nice double pipes so no need to do anything. I did some research on the web, there are a few after market options out there (none cheap....)

4 hours ago, Ben said:

I don't have any experience of this particular venue but the reviews on Google look good -  not sure if anyone else knows anything about it?

http://www.thedepartureloungecafe.co.uk/

Looks like a decent option!

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Craiglm68 said:

Nice tips!

Thanks very much! Slightly larger and louder than the 987 tips, so Gert tells me. They weren't cheap but I'm very glad I got them! 

• Like 1