Finally found a new car...

Dougle_turbo

18 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for a while whilst looking for a car. Picked her up yesterday, and looking forward to getting to know her better. 2010 White Cayman S, manual, spyder wheels, black optics/pack.

Congrats - excellent colour and transmission choice ?? (But I might be slightly biased...?)

I’ve not found the standard brakes wanting on track (done 3 + PEC this year), but obviously it depends how hard you drive (I’ve concluded I am captain slow on track, compared to everyone else that seems to pass me ???). 

Perhaps just start with a fluid change to a Dot 5 RBF and see how that feels?

Edited by Windymiller

9 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Congrats - excellent colour and transmission choice ?? (But I might be slightly biased...?)

I’ve not found the standard brakes wanting on track (done 3 + PEC this year), but obviously it depends how hard you drive (I’ve concluded I am captain slow on track, compared to everyone else that seems to pass me ???). 

Perhaps just start with a fluid change to a Dot 5 RBF and see how that feels?

I'm going to Bedford on the 8th so I'll leave the car alone until then, and see how she gets on. I run a dedicated track car the moment, so I have a habit of braking rather late!

Finally got the photos to work - but it will only let me upload 1?

Cayman OC pic.jpeg

Looks lovely and has made me think I really should get my rear vents painted black to break up the slabby white sides. Are they gloss or matte?

i would recommend mod #1 is some zunsport grilles for the front to protect your condenser rads. ??

(Easily worth an extra 15bhp too.... ????)

have fun at bedford ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

Looks lovely and has made me think I really should get my rear vents painted black to break up the slabby white sides. Are they gloss or matte?

i would recommend mod #1 is some zunsport grilles for the front to protect your condenser rads. ??

(Easily worth an extra 15bhp too.... ????)

have fun at bedford ????

All the black bits are gloss black, I particularly like the thin black detail around the headlights. The intakes in black really transform the car IMHO.

On 29/09/2018 at 14:17, Dougle_turbo said:

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for a while whilst looking for a car. Picked her up yesterday, and looking forward to getting to know her better. 2010 White Cayman S, manual, spyder wheels, black optics/pack.

First up will be a full paint detail and ceramic coating and Cayman R decals. Then it will be an improved exhaust note while still staying track legal (recommendations welcome). Current thoughts are headers + Cayman R mufflers with the Carnewall mod. Gerts not sure that will be track legal though.

I'd also like to upgrade the brakes for something that can handle the odd track day - again recommendations welcome. My thoughts are the Sebro slotted disks and some Ds1.11 pads along with some race fluid.

From there probably IPD plenum, and a re-map, but that's further down the line. 

Would have uploaded some photos, but computer says no!

For exhaust I have a Carnewal GT and Spyder pipes on a 2.9 -- it sounds great :)

Brakes seem dimpled and grooved discs and DS2500 ferodo are what I keep hearing, but havent tried any

Also heard brakes are plenty good already but that depends on your usage of course

P.S. and congrats seems a very nice speced car!

Edited by Peopleandcars