new memeber introduction

Johnny hs

Hello all, I've just delved back into Porsche ownership after 12 years of driving a variety of cheaper motors (paying a mortgage, kids etc!). I bought my Silver 2006 Cayman S with 19" wheels, PCM Nav, Sports Chrono and some other goodies just before Christmas (thanks Santa!). 

I haven't had the chance to enjoy it much yet due to the awful wet weather and getting nobbled to work overseas since the start of the year (writing this from Alexandria, Egypt!) , but I am looking forward to enjoying it as the weather improves.

I live near Northampton, so if you see me, give me a flash! 

269.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome Beanoir,

Ha, ha, true I suppose, though I would exchange some crisp cold mornings for the miserableness of eastern Alexandria! I am looking wistfully at the few photos I have of my new pride and joy and mentally going through the list of small jobs I have to it do when I get back home. Slightly sloppy gear shift, possible rear disc replacement, hand brake adjustment, nasty fan and temp. switch covering etc. 

Looking forward to getting involved and might be able to make the meet near Towcester next month. :sSp_snowman2: 

• Founder
1 hour ago, Johnny hs said:

Thanks for the welcome Beanoir,

Ha, ha, true I suppose, though I would exchange some crisp cold mornings for the miserableness of eastern Alexandria! I am looking wistfully at the few photos I have of my new pride and joy and mentally going through the list of small jobs I have to it do when I get back home. Slightly sloppy gear shift, possible rear disc replacement, hand brake adjustment, nasty fan and temp. switch covering etc. 

Looking forward to getting involved and might be able to make the meet near Towcester next month. :sSp_snowman2: 

Most of those jobs are relatively easy DIY actually, depending on your spanner wielding special skills.  What's the issue with the "nasty fan and temp"??

I'll certainly be at the Super Sausage Cafe meet so, yes put your name on the list and hopefully see you there :)

• Like 1

Hi Johhny & welcome.

Nice sensible silver, well done (me too!). Hope to see you at at the Sausage meet or later in the year if not.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Beanoir, the nasty fan and temperature switches problem is just the usual peeling of the plastic coating. I've searched around and Planet-9 haas a good write up on how to improve them. The other jobs are really easy and will be done on the first fine day I have off when I get home! Looking forward to the meet!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Most of those jobs are relatively easy DIY actually, depending on your spanner wielding special skills.  What's the issue with the "nasty fan and temp"??

I'll certainly be at the Super Sausage Cafe meet so, yes put your name on the list and hopefully see you there :)

Sorry, answer above! Just getting used to the site.