Help - tyre rubbing strut arch

Hi there

Having an head scratcher

Car had newly fitted B8/HR springs all around. Drove and felt good

Went on track and day after I notice the car pulling/diving/waving on motorway and under light braking esp. left side. Real odd and scary at speed.

Lifted to have a look and sign of tyre rubbing left side. The weirdest thing is that when car is sitting stationary there's the same clearance left and right between tyre and perch. Tyres are OE size for 18"s

DVa1eC6.jpg

Checked top mounts, track rods etc. and all seem in order too

No idea what it could be.

Any advice appreciated

Alloy would have to be square to be rubbing! 

I’d have it back in where you got the suspension fitted first off, get them to check it over.  

• Like 1

@Bushman was thinking to upgrading bushes with Elephant Racing ones so might be a good time to do

I'm just worried it might be a gone/faulty shock that would need replacement, look identical when stand still tho

Edited by Peopleandcars
  • Like 1

The car has been at RPMTech to sort this pulling to the left issue. Seem the suspension is fine, all bushings are fine.

They removed and re-torqued front shocks and mounts and found the left is 2mm more inwards (the metal frame as far as I understand)) than the right. Suggested to leave it as is because within tolerance and said that now the car rides well.

If I want they can push the chassis back down to have the 2mm fixed..

I am not sure what to do with this now to be honest... looking for opinions

@Aaron @Bushman @DKR_77

So have they fixed the instability you were experiencing? If so what was it, just wheel alignment? If it’s fixed then best left and see how it goes.  If the wheel is still scrubbing and the front end is not stable then it’s not fine to leave, shouldnt be like that at all.  

What exactly is 2mm more inwards?  And what do they mean by pushing the chassis down 2mm? 

RPM are very good, I’d tend to trust their experience.  

Edited by DKR_77

13 minutes ago, DKR_77 said:

So have they fixed the instability you were experiencing? If so what was it, just wheel alignment? If it’s fixed then best left and see how it goes.  If the wheel is still scrubbing and the front end is not stable then it’s not fine to leave, shouldnt be like that at all.  

What exactly is 2mm more inwards?  And what do they mean by pushing the chassis down 2mm? 

RPM are very good, I’d tend to trust their experience.  

Cheers, yes indeed. I am too of the opinion that better not touch / bang metal if it does not need too..

I had a brief call with Ian and he reassured me the issue is fixed and car running well. Can't exactly point my finger as to what he referred to, but result is the left strut sits a little higher than the right...Ian advised might be due to kerbing? Tyre not seem to rub now as tested by them anyway, and parts are solid as checked.

Going to pick the car up Thu/Friday so will have a better understanding then.

Edited by Peopleandcars