Speccing interior of Cayman on configurator

fergusor

It may be the 981 Boxster that is no longer orderable?

So, you're in an ideal position to choose whether to spec a 981 NA flat 6 Cayman, OR wait a little while and get the new 718 Cayman with faster acceleration, better mpg, better emissions, re-styled (yet to bee seen), and potentially a few thousand cheaper for the same spec now that it's the entry model under the Boxster?

What are your thoughts? "Old" tech 981 or brand new model 718?

Carrera White is still there on the 981 Cayman configurator!

Edited by DJMC

10 hours ago, DJMC said:

It may be the 981 Boxster that is no longer orderable?

So, you're in an ideal position to choose whether to spec a 981 NA flat 6 Cayman, OR wait a little while and get the new 718 Cayman with faster acceleration, better mpg, better emissions, re-styled (yet to bee seen), and potentially a few thousand cheaper for the same spec now that it's the entry model under the Boxster?

What are your thoughts? "Old" tech 981 or brand new model 718?

Carrera White is still there on the 981 Cayman configurator!

After seeing pictures of the 718 Boxster I think I'm going to wait for the 718 Cayman.  I really like the new look, and I've had  quick look at the configurator and I can make the car look really nice (another think I've noticed missing are the dual exhaust tips for the standard car).

I'm getting the impression that a lot of current owners don't like the rear end, but I love it!!  I guess this happens when an updated version of a car you love comes out, I see it a lot when newer versions of the car I own come out.  

I actually prefer the rear end on the 718 to the 981, was never a fan personally of what they did on it.  

Engine aside, I think the 718 Cayman could be a great little car.  

5 hours ago, PhilCS said:

I actually prefer the rear end on the 718 to the 981, was never a fan personally of what they did on it.  

Engine aside, I think the 718 Cayman could be a great little car.  

They're all great! Not too keen on the P O R S C H E stuck on the rear spoiler on the 718 Boxster, but until we all see one in the flesh it's impossible to know if it'll look good.

53 minutes ago, fergusor said:

I agree, they're all fantastic cars.  Personally I like the PORSCHE script on the back, it's easier to see for cars behind.

I tend to keep my spoiler raised, to hide my P O R S C H E, as I prefer to confuse people as to what the car is!

Hence my thinking about a "981" script underneath, so if they see it's a Porsche, they're still confused.

Hence my going on, then off, the idea of side stripes too!

Edited by DJMC

3 hours ago, DJMC said:

I tend to keep my spoiler raised, to hide my P O R S C H E, as I prefer to confuse people as to what the car is!

Hence my thinking about a "981" script underneath, so if they see it's a Porsche, they're still confused.

Hence my going on, then off, the idea of side stripes too!

I don't think people need to see 'Porsche' to know what car it is, it's quite obvious to most people really...