Empty wallet

Daz

Well car went in for first service today. 

Needed front coolant hose. Fortunately only one and others are ok so not complete bundle. 

Gearbox oil change

Exhaust clamp

Front disc and pads. I knew these need doing.  a job for me todo next weekend. 

After buying the disk and pads online and 4 tyres yesterday £2k lighter.

Tyres and servicing all in the same week. I'll try not todo that again.

• Like 1

If you have to replace the whole bundle it £420 parts and 4 hrs labour plus a geometry check as they have to drop sub frame. So think my self lucky. That's a £1100 job.

Single hose looks fiddly if done on stands on drive. So I let them do it. 

Saved some money by opting to do disc change myself.

58 minutes ago, Daz said:

"Saved some money by opting to do disc change myself."

---------------------------------------

Good lad! ... Just make sure you keep all your receipts etc so if you sell, its evident you've been taking care of things!

58 minutes ago, Daz said:

Will do, even kept tyre receipt.

Mavrik I asked for gearbox filter to be changed so should be.

Hopefully get some clear Cayman time without a trip to the bank.

Hi

I Get all my consumable items from car parts for less after being pointed towards it by another forum member I even supply the parts when I have the car serviced, has saved me a fortune as like you my first encounter with even a Porsche independent cost me a small country's GDP!!!!

But pays to shop around local Porsche deal charges £90 all in for brake fluid change independent £81 so for £9 you get a Porsche stamp not inde, tyres I played all the locals and net of against each other then went to ATS and they beat the lot as have have a price match thing, Pirellis from them I think its buy3 get on free but they don't tell you, you have to ask

Dean

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/brake-discs

Dean thanks 

I think parts for less are euro parts. Got my disk and pads from 911. The indi I am using gave me a contact and they beat Euro parts even with their 50% off. Brembo disc and pads for front £185.

Got 4 mps2 for £760 fitted which seemed pretty good. Used a little local garage.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

Dean thanks 

I think parts for less are euro parts. Got my disk and pads from 911. The indi I am using gave me a contact and they beat Euro parts even with their 50% off. Brembo disc and pads for front £185.

Got 4 mps2 for £760 fitted which seemed pretty good. Used a little local garage.

Ye they are car parts just cheaper but again will price match and usually beat, the link I put on usually has brembo's on and where I got mine from