Onlinecarparts.co.uk - anybody used them?

Windymiller

They’re even cheaper than carparts4less and seem to sell the same products. 

Eg - textar front pads for 987.2 S:

On CP4L @ £87 (- current sale discounts of 17%) = £72

On OLCP @ £76 (- current 24% sale discount) = £58

Anyone used them?

https://m.onlinecarparts.co.uk/basket.html

7 hours ago, Windymiller said:

They’re even cheaper than carparts4less and seem to sell the same products. 

Eg - textar front pads for 987.2 S:

On CP4L @ £87 (- current sale discounts of 17%) = £72

On OLCP @ £76 (- current 24% sale discount) = £58

Anyone used them?

https://m.onlinecarparts.co.uk/basket.html

Thanks for the heads up. Some of these companies have multiple names. All a little confusing who you're actually buying from ! Not that it makes much difference IF they arrive safely....

Just checked them out and in this instance ECP were just a few pounds cheaper. My rears are a little worn; so just purchased Sebro Discs x 2; and Textar pads x 4 for £174 delivered next day.

15 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

just purchased Sebro Discs x 2; and Textar pads x 4 for £174 delivered next day.

That’s a crazy cheap price!

even if you don’t need any they’re worth buying just because they’re cheap (you gotta spend, to save 😉👍🏻) 😁

Sort of on topic...I purchased some Brembo sport pads as some emergency back up rear pads a few months ago and had to use them at Bedford. When I got home I checked them and they were down to the metal backing pad!!!!!

They were on the car for 1 day, and about 25 laps of Bedford AT. I wouldn't recommend them.

And the traction control was switched off.

Side note:

I've used factory Textars on track before and they were fine.

Edited by Dougle_turbo

18 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Sort of on topic...I purchased some Brembo sport pads as some emergency back up rear pads a few months ago and had to use them at Bedford. When I got home I checked them and they were down to the metal backing pad!!!!!

They were on the car for 1 day, and about 25 laps of Bedford AT. I wouldn't recommend them.

Side note:

Spoke to my long-term mechanic yesterday....who works on a lot of high end cars.

He said he’s had many issues with Brembo equipment ‘recently’. So much so he’s no longer recommending them to customers. He said in general quality / production control seems to be way down on past times....

24 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Side note:

Ouch 🤔😲

’single-use’ brembos - not good. 

I know im not the quickest, nor hardest braking, on track, but my textars have done about 20k Miles front and rear incl 5 tracks days (rear) and 7 days (front), and I think I might get one more track day outta the fronts before changing. 

Im really happy with the textars for my speed / level of driving on track and they’re perfect on road (i.e., initial bite, no squeal). 

Though i am ‘umming n ahhing’ over Sebro slotted discs with ds2500 pads up front come replacement time... 🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Ouch 🤔😲

’single-use’ brembos - not good. 

I know im not the quickest, nor hardest braking, on track, but my textars have done about 20k Miles front and rear incl 5 tracks days (rear) and 7 days (front), and I think I might get one more track day outta the fronts before changing. 

Im really happy with the textars for my speed / level of driving on track and they’re perfect on road (i.e., initial bite, no squeal). 

Though i am ‘umming n ahhing’ over Sebro slotted discs with ds2500 pads up front come replacement time... 🤔

I didn't have an elongated conversation with him - he just asked what brand brakes i was ordering / he'd be fitting in passing.....and went on to then comment about the amount of issues he'd had with Brembo. In terms of finish, and in terms of bad squeeling; not to mention some recent warping and cracking of discs. He didn't specifically mention pads at all to be fair. Said overall though it was no longer worth him using / supplying Brembo parts in the future due to the quality control issues. ***NOT Porsche specific. And not even performance car specific i dont think. Although he does work on many performance marques - he also looks after many 'family' type cars too. So i took his comments rightly or wrongly as 'across the range'.

Sebro / Textar combo sounds great. And thanks for those thoughts ! I hope i get to now experience the same stellar braking you have been utilising ! My brakes are ok - or perhaps slightly better.. But fresh hardware to the rear, Strip and clean to the front and fresh fluid should bump it up a notch i hope.

DS2500 are great A little dusty - but very very good. Compared to the stock Brembo pads i had in the front on my last car anyway. The DS2500 were a whole different ball-game. And also streets ahead of the Mintex M155 'Performance pads' i had in for a short time - but did still suffer from fading in my experience. So: I'd be hugely surprised if you were disappointed with the DS2500. If the Texstars are 'pretty fair' though the difference may not be as great as i experienced (??).

Good luck !

I certainly agree on the DS2500 brakes, they work well for me on track (I have them front and rear). I also have the Sebro slotted disks which have lasted well so fair, especially as they have had a set of DS1.11 (great ((eventually)) but noisy) and DS2500 through them. I don't think the drilled disks would have taken that!

I'd always recommend changing the fluid on a car you've just purchased. It's amazing how often pad fad is diagnosed when actually it's just old shitty fluid. I run RBF600, again it works for me with zero fad (20 min stints on track).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I certainly agree on the DS2500 brakes, they work well for me on track (I have them front and rear). I also have the Sebro slotted disks which have lasted well so fair, especially as they have had a set of DS1.11 (great ((eventually)) but noisy) and DS2500 through them. I don't think the drilled disks would have taken that!

I'd always recommend changing the fluid on a car you've just purchased. It's amazing how often pad fad is diagnosed when actually it's just old shitty fluid. I run RBF600, again it works for me with zero fad (20 min stints on track).

I'm also an RBF600 user. Infact may have been RBF660 in my last car (?). Specs look similar though.

ATE Type 200 (Used to be ATE Blue)......and available from Euro car parts if you're ever 'stuck' for some decent fluid.....is also another good choice - great price too.

Supposedly wet boil point of RBF600 is 204c. ATE Type 200 is 198c. Not much in it. I've run it in my daily for a while with no issues, with some fairly spirited at times; but not 'stupid' road use.

The ATE blue is good, and was handy for fluid changes as you could easily tell when the flush was complete! (not sure its blue anymore?).

I usually have 1 litre on hand just in case of spillage etc. I use a one man fluid change kit that uses a tyre to pressurise, I get good results from it.