Bedford Autodrome GT - 18/01/20

Windymiller

13 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Nice work!

A few of us are thinking about this too.

Would be great to meet you there Dougle - hope you decide to do this one, am really interested in all your many track performances mods and would love to see your car ‘in the flesh’ 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

A perfect weather day, and really enjoyed the ~4mile lap length GT circuit, some great fast straights and plenty of bends / curves variety 👍🏻  And unusually runs anti-clockwise....

Some great carnography - Maclaren (not sure which one, they all look the same to me 😳), R8 spyder, Litchfield GTR, elises and exiges etc, handfull of 911s, and only 1 Cayman 😉

car was faultless, handling 200 track miles  and returning me home without so much as a murmur 👍🏻

Edited by Windymiller
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

A perfect weather day, and really enjoyed the ~4mile lap length GT circuit, some great fast straights and plenty of bends / curves variety 👍🏻  And unusually runs anti-clockwise....

Some great carnography - Maclaren (not sure which one, they all look the same to me 😳), R8 spyder, Litchfield GTR, elises and exiges etc, handfull of 911s, and only 1 Cayman 😉

car was faultless, handling 200 track miles  and returning me home without so much as a murmur 👍🏻

Lol @ McLarens. Wonder if the owners say the same of ‘us’.... 🤣

Awesome day by the sounds of it; and your car did you proud ! Was it a dry Track or ???  **Was bright but crisp here in Sunny Suffolk. (Made it to a whopping 7.5 degrees C at 1pm !). Imagine you actually managed to generate some heat in your tyres though 😎

Hey 748,

it was damp and greasy in places in the morning but a good line dried out throughout the day. 

with the length of lap, and the long straights (longest is 1km and was hitting 125-135mph on that one) the tyres warmed up quickly. Dropped them by 5-6psi (back down to book pressures) after my first session out and they seemed to stay at F:32 & R:34 all day and maintained grip pretty well 👍🏻

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Hey 748,

it was damp and greasy in places in the morning but a good line dried out throughout the day. 

with the length of lap, and the long straights (longest is 1km and was hitting 125-135mph on that one) the tyres warmed up quickly. Dropped them by 5-6psi (back down to book pressures) after my first session out and they seemed to stay at F:32 & R:34 all day and maintained grip pretty well 👍🏻

Thought that (Patchy at best) might be the case. Not enough power in the sun to dry..... 😐

Did you / or anyone else get any action snaps of you strutting your stuff ?

Aye, MSV had their photographers around the track. Should receive an email mo day from them with a link to photos 👍🏻

I dont have any of that fancy in car go-pro tech - anyone watching it would think it was in slooooooow-moooooooo anyway 😉😆

Edited by Windymiller

Sound like you had a great day @Windymiller.

Sorry I couldn't make it over - I had to change the rear brakes in the morning and then decided to change he front anti vibration dampers and one of the damn things got stuck.

I'm at Donington on Monday, hopefully this nice weather lasts until then!

What times were you getting at Bedford?

No worries Dougle. Hope you got them sorted. I had one of the anti-vibe plates stick in a front calliper when I changed my pads last year.

i think one of the ali ‘studs’ on the plate has possibly corroded into the piston barrel in the calliper. Couldn’t see how to get it out without taking the caliper off to get it on a bench, and I had no desire to start ‘breaching’ the brake fluid system. so I left that plate in for now. It’s doing it’s job still, but when I next replace the pads I’ll get a garage to do it and they can sort it. 👍🏻

I don’t time myself, I’m not quick and I’m just there for fun 😃

I was doing 40 mile lap stints, which seemed to take 30-35 minutes before I was tired and brakes were softening. At a ~4 mile lap that would be 10 laps in 30-35 minutes so I guess about 3’30 a lap? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Windymiller