Shows and trips 2016

Nail it

So what is everyone up to this year and got planned ?

i am booked into LeMans on Porsche only site, plus will do the classic show at Silverstone and also simply Porsche.

so what you doing? Plus anyone fancy meeting up etc

• Founder

Well, no Alps trip (yet) planned this year but I'm doing a trip in Wales in April with the same company.  Petrolhead Tours they're called if anybody is interested. 

Hoping to go to simply Porsche as well, I'd heard whisperings the powers that be in CaymanOC towers were considering a club booking, so waiting to see there.  

Got the meet in a couple of weeks, are you coming along?

Going on a few euro trips...nurburgring, eifel rallye festival and a Berg cup euro hillclimb.   Went to the Unterfranken hillclimb last year and it was brilliant.  Might go to St. Ursanne this year.

Check it out -

Hopefully going to cars and coffee at Precision Porsche in East Sussex

Is Simply Porsche on at Beaulieu?  

We should make this a thread for Cayman OC users to meet up in UK, europe etc.  Maybe a sticky?

• Like 1

Modest plans currently with Silverstone Classic and Goodwood FOS booked. I also go to at least 50% of the BTCC races with my son so if you're there look out for a Peridot CR in the car park. I would love to do an Alps trip but would need to be with a bunch of friends (club) rather than joining a group of strangers (tour company). How many days does an Alps trip take? 

• Like 1

We usually go for a week.  Last time it was myself and 3 mates.  We did a big drive to the Col du Turini overnight from Calais. We did the Stelvio Pass, San Bernadino Pass and a load of epic mountain roads along the way.  We finished up at the nurburgring and then up through Belgium straight to the ferry.  I did £700 of super unleaded but I was in a tuned Twin Turbo Supra at the time.  Reckon the Cayman will be a lot better. 

13 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Hoping to go to simply Porsche as well, I'd heard whisperings the powers that be in CaymanOC towers were considering a club booking, so waiting to see there.  

Go to: http://www.caymanoc.com/calendar/1-cayman-oc-calendar/events/2016/06/

"Place holder for Simply Porsche event at Beaulieu Motor Museum"

What does "Place Holder" mean? Does it mean Dave or Tom stand in my space until I arrive? ...Most kind! :)

My trouble (& strife) is that my good lady gets bored s**tless at any event to do with cars. T'was the same at an Aston show we went to, and the Silverstone meet in 2003 when the DB7 "handed over" to the DB9. What a farce that was. The guy driving the lead DB9 around the track wore a double breasted, silver buttoned, blazer so we should have known he'd only be doing 50mph max the whole way round. To be fair, there were about 70 DB7s behind the three DB9s leading the pack.

Beaulieu is perhaps better as there's the museum to look around, but "we could do this some other time when there aren't a load of Porsches blocking up the roads!" will be her answer.

That's the spirit, eh!?

Edited by DJMC

Went to Simply Porsche last year and it was a great day out. Beaulieu has some lovely gardens, buildings, a spy museum and, of course, the car museum. Therefore whilst 'Sir' is looking at Pork, 'Madam' can be having a wander. Sadly I'll be abroad when this years event is on. 

I've already signed up to Le Mans this year and I'm doing the North Cost 500 in April which promises to be spectacular, weather permitting. Also hoping to drive the Circuit de Catalunya this year if I get the time.