Cat-Back exhaust & Re- flash

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all had the exhaust and remap today at local shop https://artuning.co.uk/ , car does feel livelier but maybe to loud, going up for a run in the lakes tomoz if there not under water and then back to the shop next week as the have fitted the wrong tips and if is to loud see if he can take the edge of it, will keep you posted. 

Dean 

D80D56A0-D8B4-4F6F-8A67-1D2E301CBF84.jpeg

Edited by FLAT STICK

Hi, no I had not seen a print out like that before but looked a conversation table up and this is what it came out with.  They are at the wheel fig’s and now car is fitted with std air box with pipercross filter re-map and custom exhaust

Dean

6BD22872-08C1-40B1-9855-FAEC3D7715A4.jpeg

334B84FD-8DD6-4BFE-8B35-689B26D39B7B.jpeg

before ? after ? your car ? I ask because they promise wild torque gains but the reality is they deliver very little ,sometimes you gain at the very high rpm range but suffer at the mid-range were 90 % of your driving is done ........butt dynos lie   

The print out is in Italian. CV is horsepower in Italian.  It's not a different figure to HP.

It looks like flywheel power was output to the graph.  I would ask for another printout with power at the wheels.

I had a fluent Italian speaker confirm the linguistics. 👍

Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply. I always thought from watching all the car programmes like how it’s made dream cars that the flywheel figure was when the engine alone was bolted straight to a dyno I Did not know a dyno connected to the wheels worked out the flywheel Bhp And when I searched on Google for a converter to see what the values were brought up lots of conversion Website instead of saying this is an Italian measurement for Bhp.

Dean

The numbers look right to me.  Your peak torque looks ~37 Kgm.

Yes, the majority of dynos use some extremely sophisticated formulas to derive flywheel power from wheel power.  There are acceleration-based dynos (how fast the roller accelerates from X MPH to Y), then there are also load-based dynos (much more accurate) that use a load cell against the drivetrain.

Also, don't believe the parroted idea that "transmission loses are around 15%".  Loss changes are based on soooo many different aspects, and the dyno is far better at working that out than an ultra simplistic 15%.

A good dyno should be able to dyno the same car, produce a lower WHP with heavier wheels, yet output the same flywheel power.

Dyno Dynamics are usually the best to get a reading on - they read the lowest but they're the most accurate in my experience.

Hi Dean, if you do a bit of a search you'll find a string (maybe 2) on this topic (2018/19).

Myself and others gave an overview of their experiences. I had a remap at DMS down here on the coast after a Carnewal GT upgrade, DMS give you "grossed up" numbers, but I jumped on a Dyno with Regal Autosport 3 months later to compare numbers , and (depending on what multiplier you use (I've heard anywhere b/w 1.12 and 1.17..as mentioned, there are many variables) the numbers were more or less identical. Regal's numbers at the wheels (in 5th gear...and of course assuming their dyno is "accurate") were:

RPM         BHP            Torque      Speed

6859         313.7          360Nm      137mph

6816          312.7         358Nm       138mph

6975          310.8          355Nm       140mph

I would say the "butt dyno" felt there was more torque available in the mid rev ranges, and she pulled more strongly from mid rpm towards redline (though all power curves peaked around the low 6K rpm mark)

Edited by Craiglm68