Rear control arm replacement

Hi, been replacing discs,pads and repainting callipers and today had quick poke about rear suspension roll bars etc and noticed some( rather a lot really ) of the rubber bushing missing so guessing replacement is in order). Are these an easy diy fix ? And do you need to do both sides at the same time ? Never really messed with suspension components before so it’s new ground for me. Any pointers much appreciated, cheers. Unfortunately can’t seem to add pics at present as I’ve reached my limit, will try to free up some space. Just realised my subscription has expired Ooops.

1st pic shows some of the rubber bushing missing, and 2nd with a torch below shows light shinning through rubber bush.

paid up now so hope pics explain better than me.

6787FFFC-082D-42EC-93E3-14CC68CEEFBF.jpeg

EB3D8BE3-01E4-401C-A539-4CFD089F3614.jpeg

Edited by Maxheadroom
Extra info

Oh and in answer to your other Qs:

1) yes do as a pair

2) DIY doable if you can the car up high enough to work safely underneath it (on ramp best), and all other bolts etc undo without need for cutting / grinding out. 

3) youll most likely need to check and adjust geometry after install. 

12 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Oh and in answer to your other Qs:

1) yes do as a pair

2) DIY doable if you can the car up high enough to work safely underneath it (on ramp best), and all other bolts etc undo without need for cutting / grinding out. 

3) youll most likely need to check and adjust geometry after install. 

Agree with all of the above.

It's an easy if, and it's a big if, the bolt connecting the arm to the sub frame hasn't seized. If it has you'll need a recip saw or a small grinder. I have had the pleasure of cutting these myself. You'll also need to make sure you have a good selection of ball joint separators. 

14 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Agree with all of the above.

It's an easy if, and it's a big if, the bolt connecting the arm to the sub frame hasn't seized. If it has you'll need a recip saw or a small grinder. I have had the pleasure of cutting these myself. You'll also need to make sure you have a good selection of ball joint separators. 

Recip saw don’t have, small grinder don’t have, a good selection of ball joint separators don’t have :). Think I’ll be biting off more than I can chew with this job, now having second thoughts, yep deffo gonna leave this job for local Indy. Thanks for info guys