Beanoir's Cayman R

Beanoir™

• Founder

Took my car for a blast this weekend, was considering not using it much over the winter but I don't think I can leave it like this...cover on last weekend.  

CB2EFBD3-E23B-489E-A03A-67E068DEBC1F_zps

Got bored this weekend and decided to clean being the bumper out..  

3C96B8B7-4432-4DB6-906D-2853C5F9AFA0_zps

Then decided to go for a blast on Sunday down the A507, great road! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Founder

I think I replied to that one Jon, but checked and Friday evening is good for me!  I'll PM you my phone number and address etc.  

Exhaust is a Carneal GT made from new Cayman R mufflers.  

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P87/p87026/P87-2-Carnewal-GT-exhaust-made-from-new-Cayman-R-mufflers

Gert doesn't do the exhaust on an exchange basis for the CR like for other models unfortunately but understandable given there aren't many around.  Getting it fitted Friday morning at Paragon :) 

Just saw a reference to the A507... That's close to me. Does that mean there are two Cayman R owners in the area? Just got mine at the tail end of last year so still have not really driven it on dry roads! Loving the feel of it though. 

• Like 1

• Founder
15 minutes ago, Masher964 said:

Just saw a reference to the A507... That's close to me. Does that mean there are two Cayman R owners in the area? Just got mine at the tail end of last year so still have not really driven it on dry roads! Loving the feel of it though. 

I'm at the Shillington/Shefford/Hitchin end of the A507.  Quite often take a bit of a blast up towards Buntingford and back, and when i'm feeling like I need longer drive then I go on all the way to Finchingfield in Essex through the villages and back roads, really great drive...might pop out now in fact :)  

I've mapped the route actually.  

56bb3f1dd45e7_ScreenShot2016-02-10at13.4

Whereabouts are you?  

• Founder

Ah ok, well if you do come along on the 27th then sure lets convoy up there, A507 the other way basically!  I can meet you at Baldock or somewhere like that.  

What CR have you got, another white one or slightly more imaginative in your choice of colour than I was!?  

Edited by Beanoir

Sounds like a plan. I've got a CR manual in Peridot with PSE, buckets, spyders, PCM, SS, chrono and a nice leather dash. I wouldn't say it's more imaginative - perhaps more 'marmite' :D

Can't wait for some better weather to really get a feel for the car. 

• Like 1