Best to clean Alcantara

As per the title, I have gear gaitor and steering wheel in Alcantara and am looking for recommendations for cleaning and protecting.  During my reading of various forums prior to buying my car I saw a thread on one of the forums with many opposing views and I'm sure the final view was just soap and water...… but of course now I want the thread I can't find it anywhere.

So any real life experiences would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Not a lot of experience with it myself, but it looks like a cleaning spray and a soft brush to agitate the dirt gently, then a clean microfibre to wipe it off with.

https://www.autofinesse.com/en/blog/guides/alcantara-cleaning

Its not easy stuff to keep clean, especially in these virus times.

My steering wheel is standard leather, I wiped it after the garage had worked on the car on Tuesday, and the wipe was dark brown, took a couple before it was clear, yuk! Why they dont use steering wheel covers I dont know.

It was pretty clean before as I cleaned and dressed all the leather a couple of weeks back.

• Founder
5 hours ago, TritonII said:

@Beanoir Do you have a similar product to the one linked for cleaning alcantara please?

I would recommend Stjarnagloss Inni - it’s a light interior cleaner, which is good for Alcantara.  I probably wouldn’t use a brush, but a cloth/towel.  I have some in stock if you want, let me know 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I would recommend Stjarnagloss Inni - it’s a light interior cleaner, which is good for Alcantara.  I probably wouldn’t use a brush, but a cloth/towel.  I have some in stock if you want, let me know 👍🏻

Yes please...….. shall I order through the pistonheads website?  Thanks @Beanoir